Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical Pre-voc

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
yeah im in sa. hopefully goin to regency park to study electrical/and refigeration. 2nd prefs are just electrical pre-vocs. im so keen to get a trade.

refrigeration in 2 seconds

big pipe little pipe, one sucks the other one doesnt.

refrigeration is a good trade. but they do work hard those boys.
either way in qld both are on roughtly the same coin, if anything, us sparkies get abotu 50 cents more then they do, but they get a bigger tool alowance.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
regency ohhhh dude u are gonna hate those teachers seriously dont skip a class EVEN IF YOU ARE SICK there is one dude there if ur not there automatically hell find a way of trying to fail you be careful lol

skipzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 A4
Im currently 3rd year apprentice and didnt do a pre-apprenticeship course(what they call it in VIC) SAV_117 is right it almost takes off the first year of schooling well worth it.
Also dont take 1 day off! ive learnt the hard way, ive finished for the year and im 2 subjects down... and ive gotta go back and complete them once i finish schooling.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah i did one here in canberra, but it only went for about 7 weeks. I ended up getting apprenticeship out of it. After i did it, i knew a few things instead of starting an apprenticeship and knowing stuff all, Just finished my 1st year:)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
depending on which state your in depends on how much time it takes off, just remember this, it takes of theroy time, not practical time. you still need a certain amount of hour's to acheive the level of compentcy required.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
$556 i think its in between 550 and 600

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
o sweet. i was thinking it was guna be aroung the 1500 to 2000 dollar mark.

depends on your state you live in

im in qld, and at the morten institute of tafe i payed 790 for the prevo, did 2 weeks of it, got the apprenticeship.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I suppose it's a good idea to do it if you have no idea how electricity works or how it can kill you if you lick it, but i'd rather do what i'm doing and have my boss pay me to do first year tafe.
If you've done year 12 general maths and physics you probably won't need it. Every formula and 80% of the electrical theory they taught us i learnt in school.