Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electrickery

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
hi guys. just curious, can you trigger the 3 lcd screens on a lvl 3 vr dash without the control box? ive made my own loom up and its working well but the only thing is i dont have the control box for it yet and its stuck in one of the mode that has dist to empty, l/100kms and overspeed off. any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
that's the default mode when the unit hasn't been powered up for a while, not sure of the wire colors but to change modes just ground the "mode" wire quickly that'll act as a make shift switch

Conn 4.jpg

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
tried that and it didnt want to do it. neway ill just wait for now. the other thing is the fuel inst wont show up as anything other than .0 L/100kms. i have the wire connected to the ecu(i think its correct, followin the tripin thread). any ideas ppl?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
showing nothing even when the cars moving? it won't change when stationary, only reason would be wrong wiring or faulty trip computer

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
nope not showing anything other than .0 l/100km. and what wont change when stationary? i just went for a 26 km round trip so i thought it would have showed something in that time

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
tried that and it didnt want to do it. neway ill just wait for now. the other thing is the fuel inst wont show up as anything other than .0 L/100kms. i have the wire connected to the ecu(i think its correct, followin the tripin thread). any ideas ppl?

You haven't connected it to the right wire then.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
odd, never run into that before, all the l3's i've fitted n mucked about with have worked without any issues like that, i'd be tripple checking the wiring though as the lcd screens are working so most likely not a faulty unit.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
which connector should it go into on the passanger side of the car? male or female? and what should be the color of the other wire it joins up to?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yellow black wire passenger side next to the ecu. It's only a small connector. You will see one side of the plug has a yellow black wiring going into it but the other side has nothing.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
well then its in the right spot then cos thats the one i put it in and i even used a proper male terminal for it that i got outa the same plug on my wrecker car