Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine codes 32, 46/49.

Daniel.IRL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SII V6 commodore
First time poster, but belittled to think I know the genuine problem.

Tuesday, 15/2 I was travel home from away work along-a freeway 110ks right lane overtaking a car. Car dropped to zero revs, went back to normal then dropped to zero again and stalled, managed too get the car started again after pulling over, but the problems gotten worse.

Original thought was fuel pump/filter or bad full but I’ve changed those with brand new and problem remains.

Have a new CAS to install, but I’m concerned with code 32, will clean the MAF and install a new air filter.

Just wanting to confirm the CAS is the issues causing my problem before I dive into the rabbit hole of pulling it apart to change it.

Could this be plugs and leads, coilpacks or DFI unit causing this issue instead

Daniel.IRL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SII V6 commodore
This is my guess what the problem is? Could also be wiring to the dfi plug, or crap on the dfi plug?

Appreciate the response, have two DFI unitsthat I’m going to try and see if that fixes the issues to save myself pulling the crank pulley of for it to not fix it!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Appreciate the response, have two DFI unitsthat I’m going to try and see if that fixes the issues to save myself pulling the crank pulley of for it to not fix it!
Use the coils from the replacement dfi unit.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
A MAF problem will cause a code 46. Suggest you fix that first and see if it clears your other codes:

DTC 46 WILL SET IF:
• DTC 32 is not set.
• Battery voltage is at or below 11 volts.
• MAF sensor input is above 2048 Hz.
• No DIS reference input pulses at PCM terminal "D12".
• The above conditions exist for more than 2 seconds.

Daniel.IRL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SII V6 commodore
So weird update, i switched out DFI units/clearing codes in ecu before driving and it seemed fine till this afternoon where car died 10 minutes in a trip doing the same thing all over again.

A MAF problem will cause a code 46. Suggest you fix that first and see if it clears your other codes:

DTC 46 WILL SET IF:
• DTC 32 is not set.
• Battery voltage is at or below 11 volts.
• MAF sensor input is above 2048 Hz.
• No DIS reference input pulses at PCM terminal "D12".
• The above conditions exist for more than 2 seconds.

Cleaned MAF and new air filter and it removed codes 32, 46 and 49 till i drove it again, car then died again the same way, dropped revs, picked back up completely died. Checked the codes before restarting and nothing. Restarted car after 3 attempts it fired straight up with engine light on and drove home fine. Rechecked the ecu faults and 46 and 49 returned.

Would the CAS be actually casuing my issue oris there futher more something i should look at, im just skeptical aboutbeing able toretightent he crank bolt is all.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
So weird update, i switched out DFI units/clearing codes in ecu before driving and it seemed fine till this afternoon where car died 10 minutes in a trip doing the same thing all over again.

Cleaned MAF and new air filter and it removed codes 32, 46 and 49 till i drove it again, car then died again the same way, dropped revs, picked back up completely died. Checked the codes before restarting and nothing. Restarted car after 3 attempts it fired straight up with engine light on and drove home fine. Rechecked the ecu faults and 46 and 49 returned.

Would the CAS be actually casuing my issue oris there futher more something i should look at, im just skeptical aboutbeing able toretightent he crank bolt is all.
Have you checked the dfi plug, pins & wiring?

Daniel.IRL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SII V6 commodore
Yes i did, no bent/damage pins, no damage or frayed wiring or heat damage that was majorly visible and plug looked clean and brand new

Reactions: Lex

Daniel.IRL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SII V6 commodore
So any further more help you guy could provide that would be fantastic..