Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine flush

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
My comment was more to the fact that you started the same **** in another thread. Just because you don't like certain products on the market doesn't mean they don't work. If you are happy to add a cup of turps and/or kerosene to your engine oil that is fine but please don't belittle others because they choose to use products that were designed to do said job.

I am NOT belittleing others. I am surprised how people are so subservient to companies that put simple common chemicals in bottles and charge premiums for it. If people want to pay for it then go right ahead.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hang on, isn't that what all companies do because after all the primary reason for been in business is to make money and charging 200-300% mark up is quiet common?

If you are so certain that you are correct why don't you produce and market said product, even at a much lower price you'd make a fortune. Or maybe, just maybe it's not quiet that simple?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Hang on, isn't that what all companies do because after all the primary reason for been in business is to make money and charging 200-300% mark up is quiet common?

If you are so certain that you are correct why don't you produce and market said product, even at a much lower price you'd make a fortune. Or maybe, just maybe it's not quiet that simple?

Maybe it is because i prefer to try to help people rather than rip them off.

I am so certain i have been doing it to the VK. It is over 30 years old and wearing out not breaking down.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
FFS... Don't let the sludge build up in the first place!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FFS... Don't let the sludge build up in the first place!

That's easy when you own the car from new but many owners who intend to sell after X mileage simply don't care about regular maintenance as the issues will only become apparent long after they have moved it along.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That's easy when you own the car from new but many owners who intend to sell after X mileage simply don't care about regular maintenance as the issues will only become apparent long after they have moved it along.

Of course, you're right, but with proper 'due diligence', you wouldn't buy a car with a sludged up engine.
Unless you planned on stripping the engine and rebuilding it...

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately not everybody knows to check these things, only once they bought said lemon do they come looking for answers/solutions.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
It is very unfair of the moderator to close a discussion on fuel additives because he does not understand chemistry

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe if you put a decent fact based replies/arguments for logical debate things might go better? He said she said doesn't do it for me...

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
I am not here at your beckon call. Wait for the information. I am not your secretary.