Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine seized

jjj97

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Will try the spark plug thing thanks
Car was brought by me at age 14
Thrashed it like a little idiot then left it to sit after the clutch went
Cheers
Will let you know what I end up doing

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well at least OP didn’t try YOUR METHOD to check oil pressure readings by doing a compression test on the motor. ;) That definitely wouldn’t help anyone now or in the future.

You should answer the question and offer OP suggestions to his question than just making assumptions on what other users have put forward before your useless comments.

And for your knowledge banks, the hb/bolt might be seized, manual/auto/clutch gearbox broken, jammed or even a broken/jammed rings, pistons, conrods, bearings, timing chain/cam or even lifters/pushrods, valves/rockers or even being in gear/diff locked or even a jammed/broken starter motor throw out gear .... could be anything to stop motor turning ...... but whoever drove/parked the car 6 years ago would know the reason car/engine was not going anymore.

Obvious the OP parked it.....

Can't check a motor for those things you suggested if it don't turn over.

Now time too see if my assumptions about you are true or false....I say true because you're hiding

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

VIN owes me a replacement engine he knowingly sold me....He admitted it, then moved house....I have attempted to solve the issue via PM's, but he keeps avoiding them...He disappears off the forum for a bit, then comes back....Unfortunately this is the way to call him out over it

jjj97

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
VIN owes me a replacement engine he knowingly sold me....He admitted it, then moved house....I have attempted to solve the issue via PM's, but he keeps avoiding them...He disappears off the forum for a bit, then comes back....Unfortunately this is the way to call him out over it

That's no good sounds a bit dodge

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's no good sounds a bit dodge

He certainly is.....One would think you'd do the right thing and resolve the issue...But instead he just jumps around it in an open forum and won't reply to pm`s

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That sucks, I hope you 2 sort it out, he should do the right thing like any normal person would.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Can the motor be turned over by hand when the spark plugs are removed, ie with no compression, with gearbox in neutral ?
Basic question I know, but that does not seem to have mentioned, or tried. Or have I missed something.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That sucks, I hope you 2 sort it out, he should do the right thing like any normal person would.

It's plain he is not normal.....Been trying for months now via PM to no avail....I suspect he'll keep avoiding it, as people like him do....Rip people off and try discredit them, stay away from forums or plain ignore it...

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Unfortunately this is the way to call him out over it

Sad that it's come to this. I'm surprised he even is game to even post here again, because I wouldn't, but then again I wouldn't be in this situation in the first instance as I'm just not that sort of an AH.