Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Whine

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Thanks for your replys.

I've got a VE SV6 ute and I'm using my stock head unit with the mtx RE-Q5.

Could the remote turn wire running along the power lead add to the problem?

Cheers

MTX RE-Q5

There is your problem.

They NEED to be ground using the ground on the amplifer.

Make sure you use THICK speaker wire to ground it aswell. Run from it from the Unit to where your amp is. This will fix your problem :)

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
Cheers Timmos,
Will give this a try when I get me act together.

Tw1n Tur6o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
You could try using thicker cables for the ground wires and power wires, ive been using cables for the power and ground that are the same size and had no problems. Also you could try connecting your ground straight to the battery and see if it makes any difference.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Ive been looking at places to ground, wondering where in the boot is a good spot. What are the Parcel Shelves like as a ground?

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
Just tried the "line isolation transformers" , didn't work. I'm going to run the ground from the RE-Q5 to the amp location and also buy a suppressor for the power and ground wires.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Well i have RCAs down passenger, 2 Power cables for 2 amps down drivers side, Only drivers doors speaker wires are down the drivers side.

Upgrading RCAs today, a 2nd replacement set i got from JB from a SONY XPLOD wiring kit broke AGAIN :(

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
tried running ground direct to negative terminal. Noise is still there. What could it be now:bang::bang:

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I share your pain...

Here is a pic, i made in paint it shows you how i have it all set up in my car.
Car setup.JPG

Basically the RCAs for the speakers arent anywhere near the Power Cables, BUT the RCAs for the Subs unfortunately go near the power cables. Not entirely sure if thats my problem though. Other then that everything has been kept away, and as a ground im using the Seat buckle bolt thats under the back seat.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
An update, i had come black plastic tube stuff that you use to wrap around wires, i wrapped the Power wires in the engine bay in this stuff then taped it up. Then moved it as far to the side away from the Alternator as i could.

So far no whine, so far so good, although im expecting something to go bad. It just seem a little, hmmm, too easy?