Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Comp mode had more to do with traction control and steering i though. I think it would not be likely that there would be different abs calibration between models.

My bad, each model gets a unique ESP caliration tuned to engine/tyre/suspension/brake system characteristics.

Comp mode also relaxes stability control and activates torque vectoring.

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
That would be much appreciated. Thanks mate.

92282376 is the same as 92507128.

92282376 is an earlier iteration of 92507128 and was used on VF2 MY16 Redlines/SS's with optioned caprice police brakes. If you need to know the breakpoints of when parts were used, contact Holden.

Last edited:

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
The average traffic cop will know exactly... the traffic guys love their cars and they go straight to traffic as a result. That’s why they are traffic... I could spot a dodgey HID kit a mile away in a non compliant vehicle and know if it came from factory with it or not before opening the bonnet because I’m
An enthusiast, and wasn’t even traffic...

And yes 6 pot upgrades need a engineering certificate no matter how many people have done the conversion, that’s no reason to exempt. Mine are engineered and certified.

I was also told directly by a engineer that no certificate is required if you swap over to for example Redline brakes kit if it is the exact same components used for the redline. Meaning exact sane part numbers etc. But that’s what I was told, not advise to be taken as definitive.
Not all cops...A friend was told to turn off his fog lights while at a RBT......”they are not fog lights, DRL’s can’t be turned off sir” was the reply....to appease the cop, he had to turn on his headlights...the cop said “see, you can turn off your fog lights”

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
****. All this to change from one ADR approved brake package to another ADR approved brake package on a car that could have either package depending on what the original purchaser ticked on the spec sheet.....

This is bureaucracy gone mad!
You bet !! Insane

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
92282376 is the same as 92507128.

92282376 is an earlier iteration of 92507128 and was used on VF2 MY16 Redlines/SS's with optioned caprice police brakes. If you need to know the breakpoints of when parts were used, contact Holden.

That is very helpful. One less thing to worry about.

Anyone with vf 2 ss redline 2016 that can check their brake booster part number so i can definitely cross it off the list?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Additional response from RMS:

As per our previous email, this modification needs to also meet the requirements of the attached Vehicle Standards

Bulletin 14 to comply, please also contact Holden Australia’s head office and talk with their homologation engineer and obtain a letter of compliance to state your vehicle complies with the Redline variant braking system you wish to fit,

if Holden Australia can confirm in writing this braking system will comply in your vehicle then that will be acceptable for

NSW registration.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
2016 model ?
no model year 2017 but January build. Later MY17 had 92507128 so sometime in the MY17 production the booster and master cylinder changed. Must of been before April.

8th Feb was the new Brake booster change over in production.
Also the master cylinder is different on your car Ron. I has a LS3 type master cylinder but the redline has the same master cylinder as the LSA. I checked against VIN.

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I have a MY16 (Oct 2016 build) Redline wagon. Booster is 92282376

Status
Not open for further replies.