Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
SS is not compliant with Brembo brake package due to suspension difference and software differences...
Don't believe this to be correct as I run Harrops on mine with oem suspension & software unchanged!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just received an email from Holden.

No go without engineering certificate.
SS is not compliant with Brembo brake package due to suspension difference and software differences...

At least I can put this to rest now.
My Son's VE Redline Sportwagon had front factory Brembo's and FE2.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Just received an email from Holden.

No go without engineering certificate.

At least I can put this to rest now.
Good job mate good info there.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Don't believe this to be correct as I run Harrops on mine with oem suspension & software unchanged!
All they are saying is that when they send SS for ADR approval they only approved it for the SS brake and suspension package as a whole, they do not get one bit signed off alone without the other when it comes to compliance. They didn’t design and sell the SS with the Harrop kit from factory. Ofcourse it works it’s just not cleared by Holden. All about paperwork again and covering their ass.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The suspension settings and ESC is an interesting factor and I see Holden's point. If the suspension is too soft for the braking force of the Brembo package, it could be very unsettling for the car. Potentially allowing too much forward weight transfer and changing the centre of balance / gravity beyond the factory tested parameters in the software.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Weird, because VE II and VF Wagon SS-V Redline has FE2 and Brembo fronts.
Never had cause to certify the rear Brembos as VF II Wagon SS-V Redline has fitted.
Nothing in it now, need to renew registration in QLD.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Weird, because VE II and VF Wagon SS-V Redline has FE2 and Brembo fronts.
Never had cause to certify the rear Brembos as VF II Wagon SS-V Redline has fitted.
Nothing in it now, need to renew registration in QLD.
Yeah. But it's the whole model variant issue that RMS raise. I.e if your wagon is not a Redline, then it's the same dilemma Ron faces isn't it?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yeah. But it's the whole model variant issue that RMS raise. I.e if your wagon is not a Redline, then it's the same dilemma Ron faces isn't it?
In NSW only. Language in QLD is, as per other States and Territories under NCOP, much simpler. For obvious reasons.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Taking a step back, I think you are more culpable in a crash having fitted a supercharger without certification (even if it does come with well-known stickers and a warranty) as you are better brakes and suspension.
Let’s face it, if Walkinshaw and Tekno and Harrop etc., are performing major mods without proper certification across multiple systems, I think the issue raised here is either a major scandal pertaining to duty of disclosure regarding roadworthiness and explaining customer’s legal compliance else... a storm in a teacup.
If the former then the multi million dollar parasites should chime in, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.