Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EPA Notice (VIC)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeh it was on my vs i had extractors and i put the stock catback on passed no worries..... whe i got done dad was driving to cruise for charity cause i wasnt allowed to drive under tose power to weight laws

weak :p

top of the notice should say exhaust and emissions test, if its for both. id assume its only a noise one though, and only costs $40 from memory. i think you can get restrictor plates made up to go between the flanges in your exhaust.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
The Limit is 90DB, we got done in my G/F Magna TF 2.4L i took the cannon off and changed the rear muffler just a bolt up job to the stock exhaust and you wouldnt believe it but it pulled 89DB he said i just past, and it was quiet as anything.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i pulled up beside this POS today.
its got a yellow sticker coming to it soon anyway.

oh yeah was it homeo and uglyette in the front? and some massive white stickers on the back? which i think, ironically, advertise the brand of wheel he only manages to have two of on the car.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
Hi Guys,

Received an EPA notice in the mail. Apparently an EPA officer reported my car as too noisy/problem with my exhaust. I have Pacemaker Tri-Y's, Magnaflowhi-flow cats and a twin 2.5" system.
1. Now what am i going to have to do to pass this EPA test? Standard cat back okay, or do i need to do the whole exhaust?
2. Will EPA test emissions also, or just noise level? I have a MAFLESS tune and OTRCAI so will these cause me problems?

Thanks,
Adam

i'd send the letter back and tell them if they wish to take it ferther you can oblige.

i receved a epa notice for throwing a cigarette out the window, and i told them to bugger off,
or i'll sue. simply because i dont smoke in my car.

my point is they must pull you over with the police, and you do a drive by test.
and receive the infringment on the spot.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
my point is they must pull you over with the police, and you do a drive by test.
and receive the infringment on the spot.

The person that reported me works for the EPA though, so i don't think that'll work.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
You do NOT have to be 'pulled over by Police'. No different than when a parking inspector issues a ticket and your vehicle is unattended. Anyone can report you (to Police) for any driving related offences(s). So long as they can give evidence orally or with the aid of photos or video. e.g. neighbour can video you acting like a hoon, provide info to Police and you WILL be pinched - car impounded.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
The person that reported me works for the EPA though, so i don't think that'll work.

so how did he perform the standarised test, how does it compare to vic road's,
did he's test comform adr27.....
my point is he's test is invalid he did not do it by the book.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
You do NOT have to be 'pulled over by Police'. No different than when a parking inspector issues a ticket and your vehicle is unattended. Anyone can report you (to Police) for any driving related offences(s). So long as they can give evidence orally or with the aid of photos or video. e.g. neighbour can video you acting like a hoon, provide info to Police and you WILL be pinched - car impounded.

no sir wrong, a parking inspector cannot perform a balljoint test, only visual like tires.
epa cannot hand out ticket's they have zero power.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
so how did he perform the standarised test, how does it compare to vic road's,
did he's test comform adr27.....
my point is he's test is invalid he did not do it by the book.

It's impossible for them to test you on the road, that's why they give you an EPA notice so you can go get tested. Cops will defect you too if they think it's too loud, without testing it. I have never had any problem with my exhaust, even been pulled up by cops with it and never a word mentioned... this guy must have nothing better to do.