Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EPA Notice (VIC)

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
How sure are you? This guy was an 'EPA Officer' i believe the notice said.

so now he's a licenced car inspector aswell???
what qualfication does he have???

the choise is your's to make, i tell them very brutaly where to go and will continue to do so.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
so now he's a licenced car inspector aswell???
what qualfication does he have???

the choise is your's to make, i tell them very brutaly where to go and will continue to do so.

So i'm guessing you've received EPA notices on the same thing? What do you tell them and do you get away with it?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
the judge's are getting very tired of this guilty before innocent additude of veryus gov department's.
take'm to court or threaten them too.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
If i can't get out of it, how does it work? I take it to a tester (exhaust shop), get the to quiet it for me, test it, pass it, then put my old exhaust on and off you go? Seems like a waste of time, really achieves nothing.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i'd send the letter back and tell them if they wish to take it ferther you can oblige.

i receved a epa notice for throwing a cigarette out the window, and i told them to bugger off,
or i'll sue. simply because i dont smoke in my car.

my point is they must pull you over with the police, and you do a drive by test.
and receive the infringment on the spot.

(it's further)...
Didn't read what state but not in vic, they can issue - in fact i could report a vehicle and they'll chase it up. If the guy's car isn't too loud then it'll be a simple process.
I'd suppose you signed a stat dec saying you don't smoke in the car? I've done some work with EPAvic and a letter telling the deskies to "bugger off or i'll sue" would have no weight whatsoever.

so how did he perform the standarised test, how does it compare to vic road's,
did he's test comform adr27.....
my point is he's test is invalid he did not do it by the book.

(it's his...)
He doesn't have to!!! He makes or the public makes an informed decision about the noise - like i said if they are wrong then the owner of the vehicle gets it checked and there is no problem. It isn't out there to make people feel bad - if the car is under the legal noise limit then get it cleared and get over it.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
If i can't get out of it, how does it work? I take it to a tester (exhaust shop), get the to quiet it for me, test it, pass it, then put my old exhaust on and off you go? Seems like a waste of time, really achieves nothing.

you have effectivly got a fine allready, it will cost you just to have the test to prove your innocense.

but if legal i suppose you can bill them for the cost of the test.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
if the car is under the legal noise limit then get it cleared and get over it.

And in the mean time you've wasted money on a test and on switching exhausts. Really, it achieves nothing, we will get caught, clear it and then put it back to the way it was.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
the judge's are getting very tired of this guilty before innocent additude of veryus gov department's.
take'm to court or threaten them too.

(it's various)
Sounds a bit strange to me - do you work in the courts or attend them often? I wonder where you get your information from here... Threatening people won't achieve a damn thing.

Ring them if you need directions on what you should do, i thought i had it on the ticket, or maybe that'll come in the mail.
It is only a waste of time if your car isn't too noisy! Is it too loud? if so then that is why you were reported. Mine isn't loud so i won't waste anyone's time.
How hard is it to understand!?!? if you speed you get booked.... if you don't speed you don't get booked... same principle really.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
you have effectivly got a fine allready, it will cost you just to have the test to prove your innocense.

but if legal i suppose you can bill them for the cost of the test.

but he isn't innocent!!! if he were he'd leave the car as is, get it tested and drive out. That would be a waste of time. In this case he's admitting to the exhaust being wrong and is going to do a swap- effectively lying his way through the test.

And in the mean time you've wasted money on a test and on switching exhausts. Really, it achieves nothing, we will get caught, clear it and then put it back to the way it was.

I agree some of these rules are crap, i don't agree with them so i'm not saying you would deserve this ordinarily BUT in this case they feel your car isn't right, they've asked you t prove it is all above board. You plan to waste your own time and lie your way through the test which proves they were right and are doing their job properly.

I'd be very careful about the words of wisdom you choose to take notice of in here because the amount of bravado i've read in the last few mins would be laughed out of the system.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
It is only a waste of time if your car isn't too noisy! Is it too loud? if so then that is why you were reported. Mine isn't loud so i won't waste anyone's time.
How hard is it to understand!?!? if you speed you get booked.... if you don't speed you don't get booked... same principle really.

My missus wasn't driving it hard when she was done. I'm not sure what 90db sounds like but i might just change the rear muffler and put a restrictive plate in the system with a few drilled holes to shut it up.