Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"ESP failed"and"Check powertrain"

yuisaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
v2
I drive my car to work today, on the halfway car screen says 'ESP failed' and 'Check powertrain',then I drive the car to the garage on the side of the road,and then I went to work. At noon I made ​​a phone call, and they said no problem with my car, after they called me and said my car started leaking, because water pump leaking s/f.I pick up the car after I got off work,change water pump cost me$558!!drive my car on the way home ,the alert rang and I look the screen Engine is too hot.my car is v2/2006
And sorry for my English, I want to know what the problem with my car?Its really "leaking problem"?Before my car never leaking.and the NEW problem "engine too hot"after I repair my car,its the problem beacuse water pump?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
they may not have bled the system fully, so may need coolant topped up, check in radiator first then overflow bottle (when engine cooled down), ring them and find out what they did, how nuch coolant, how did they bleed it, with heater tap open, radiator cap off, then as level goes down top up etc, etc (are you sure it was leaking wasn't aircon drain) show you old part

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I doubt the first issue is related to the cooling system.

Id say the garage you left it at was probably a butcher as they seem to have no idea what they are doing.

yuisaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
v2
I doubt the first issue is related to the cooling system.

Id say the garage you left it at was probably a butcher as they seem to have no idea what they are doing.

I let them repair again today morning,and I drive home this afternoon from arnciffile to auburn,looks OK,the alarm is no longer loud.I think my car may not have problem, maybe its the car computer system's problem?

So that " ESP failed"and"Check powertrain" it's none of water pump's problem,right?

yuisaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
v2
And I am wondering why the alarm does not ring if they did not do anything?

yuisaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
v2
When wverytime I stop in the red light, then green light I start normal acceleration, there will be "zeezeezee" car tire friction sound, Metal grinding sound,feel like friction between tire and road surface

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
First up 558 for water pump is way over the top and no water pump won't have anything to do with power train as far as I know.

You need to find a workshop with a scanner or take it to Holden they will tell you what is setting the alarms off.