Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Everything needed for lowering car

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey guys so next weekend me and a mate are going to attempt to lowering my Stock VT 99, Going to purchase SSL fronts SSSL rears , KYB struts n shocks. Might be a stupid question but will the parts come with new hardware and if not am I best off buying new hardware. What else should/will I need to buy? (Shock rubbers, boots idk...) Since I’m under the car is there anything else I should get done.
If anyone able to link me to steps or a guide to lowering then that would be much appreciated but don’t bother telling me to get mechanic to do it cos if I wanted to then I would post this....
Anyways thanks for ya help

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You may need to get strut boots....Just check yours to see if they need replacing before you go buying them.

Anything else to do whilst you're under? Depends what needs replacing...Check all boots, rubbers and suspension components and see what is buggered and replace what is buggered...That's something that needs to be seen to actually comment properly about

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what size wheels/tyres do you have as they may not fit

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
You may need to get strut boots....Just check yours to see if they need replacing before you go buying them.

Anything else to do whilst you're under? Depends what needs replacing...Check all boots, rubbers and suspension components and see what is buggered and replace what is buggered...That's something that needs to be seen to actually comment properly about

Previous owner said he changed all bearings a week before purchase which was a month ago. They look fine I’m assuming they need changing when I start seeing cracks n what not? Would I go about the strut boots the same way n check for cracks and what not? What other rubbers should I check for? And in future I’ll change panhards n sway bars

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Previous owner said he changed all bearings a week before purchase which was a month ago. They look fine I’m assuming they need changing when I start seeing cracks n what not? Would I go about the strut boots the same way n check for cracks and what not? What other rubbers should I check for? And in future I’ll change panhards n sway bars

Boots...Look for splits...Not so much cracks...Bushes...Check for movement, using a screw driver inbetween the bush and the metal surface and see if the part shifts forward and/or backwards. Which bushes...All of them....

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Boots...Look for splits...Not so much cracks...Bushes...Check for movement, using a screw driver inbetween the bush and the metal surface and see if the part shifts forward and/or backwards. Which bushes...All of them....
Ok thanks for that!

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
And should I check strut mounts aswell?