Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EVs - What are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Last edited:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Australia is going to be last cab off the rank for EVs so we’ve got a while yet before it becomes a big factor here. Unless a future Labor government decided to go full steam ahead on EVs.

EVs are a big factor in the US and EU because they have enforced fuel economy/carbon emissions standards that fine the manufacturers for not complying. That creates a huge incentive for the car manufacturers the supply EVs in those markets. Until we have average fuel economy standards written into law with penalties for non compliance Australia will remain a backwater for EV supply and adoption.
No, Aussies take up new tech big time…yes the virus will slow things down. i mentioned BYD because the indications are, no sorry, it’s a fact, they’re are going to be very affordable. They are a big entity.The EAN is amazing for price, yes we haven’t seen one, and yes I will be amazed if the Infotainment system is as wonderfully functional and responsive as mine is in the ZB 4.
They are delayed now , but there are others models coming .. but right hand drive is a pain for manufacturers etc .
35 grand is pretty good if true ..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Honestly I don't care for them, the futuristic look either (except Tesla) yes I respect the acceleration. But I'm happy with my bucket that can go for 5+ hours without needing to stop, if the bladder allows.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
So how does it work?

Country A produces massive greenhouse gasses mining lithium for batteriers.
Country B takes lithium and produces battery and electric cars.
Country C buys electric cars.
Country A pays for carbon credits to offset green house **** that is pumped into air mining lithium.
Country B is assigned some carbon credits for making batteries and electric cars.
Country C is assigned some carbon credits for using the electric cars.

Is that how it works?

Regardless, the environment suffers yet the carbon trading industry makes zillions buying and selling credits while country A in essence gives away lithium cause carbon credits are so expensive.

I think country A is dumb as unless it value adds by building lithium batteries and electric cars.
I think country A is Australia :(

And it’s not just lithium that is a problem as societies migrate to solar panel use to charge their cars… as panel manufacture is supposedly rather polluting :eek:

One great benefit of electric vehicles is we have clean air in cities as the pollution is moved elsewhere :rolleyes: It simply becomes S.E.P. :oops:
This is a fable, truly it is, a fable from the dark ages.

If you think EVs arent a solution, you might have rusted on groupies here who think like you, but you are in a massive minority because you are wrong.
Warren Buffet has invested billions in EV, and specifically BYD. His investment is no fable, he knows, and everything you read and see, says EV. It’s a pity , none of you have said anything positive about EVs, but even more, this is unquestionably tumultuous change and chaos, yet it’s wrong and negative of you to just savage EV.

It is even said GM were targeting BYD, to take them out, rather than totally focussing on building something that resembles a very good electric car.

I said in posts that there is no utopian solution, EVs aren’t but that’s what is happening and they are absolutely optimal… fossils fuels are dangerously affecting global warming . We are in a ‘ peak oil ‘ era
too, many say that now. We need to start conserving it for other essential reasons rather than putting fuel into powerful cars on a shite house tiny track at Winton, for a decreasing nos of followers, omg

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
What? They never go off topic. Now. Where was I? Oh yeah…
View attachment 226867
Lets cut to the chase, you are a groupie, you stick with them. You never can accept rational comments, you stick with group think. You have done that again. It’s a poor look. I was looking for comments on whats happening in EV, and your thoughts.. I mentioned BYD, China, it’s tumultuous change, the industry is being turned upside down, it’s real paradigm change. And China is likely to be no 4 producer.

I was looking for thoughts on EV. I read a lot and offered info and sought some thoughts . There was nothing positive, when absolutely, there is

You just cant , truly, and won’t make a comment about EV, nothing at all, you want to find fault and rally your supporters to feed your ego.

Yiu choose the groupie path and submit childish comics

if we want , in twelve months we will be able to get, the masses will get a very good EV for an affordable price..in covid times this is great

Nothing from you though

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I
If you try and tell people what they can and can’t talk about your not going to get very far with people or get them to open up.

Look for five minutes on this site and you’ll see that nearly every thread goes off topic within the first two pages, which is just par for the course and most OPs don’t care in the slightest but your trying to direct people on what they can say.

Your also being hypocritical as you’ve banged on about your ZB again despite telling everyone else to stay on topic.
I asked for them to talk about EV and their decisions etc to bring them back, if you asked me, I‘d do that. I researched a lot, wrote a lot to get more than total negativity

.. didn’t bang on about my ZB, yes I said its going great .. big deal. I introduced the EV thread, it’s about the most tumultuous change since Ford and mass production. Let me make it clear, it was a worthy discussion, but let me just say the truth.You people had nothing positive to say , nothing .

Is that because you and others don’t have the character to put aside the dislike you harbour for me. That seems to be the case. Answer that honestly.
I repeat EV is fascinating, I was genuinely interested what you were going to do in the say the next five years or whenever.

I got nothing back, nothing but myth and lightly cloaked disdain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.