Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Excessive rear tire wear!

BLOWN V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Drift Ute
Arms_zps8b94907d.jpg

Problem solved with these from forum Sponsor Super Pro. We use them in the VE SS Drift Ute & get what ever alignment settings we want. Most tyre wear from VE Rear's come's from camber wear, (worn out inside edges). This can stop that happening.

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
Rotation of tyres is the best insurance policy and most of the time its free to do at any workshop if you bought the tyres from there.

Also 35psi???? Too low mate. Good rule to follow is rim size + 4psi. So I'm guessing you have 18"s ? Try running 40 psi in the rear however keep the front at about 36-38 psi for comfort.

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Good rule to follow is rim size + 4psi. So I'm guessing you have 18"s ? Try running 40 psi in the rear however keep the front at about 36-38 psi for comfort.

Unless I'm missing something: 18 + 4 does 40 not make?!

Do you mean double your rim size + 4?

I.e. 18 x 2 + 4?

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
He said they wear out in the middle if he is even serious

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
Good rule to follow is rim size + 4psi. So I'm guessing you have 18"s ? Try running 40 psi in the rear however keep the front at about 36-38 psi for comfort.

Unless I'm missing something: 18 + 4 does 40 not make?!

Do you mean double your rim size + 4?

I.e. 18 x 2 + 4?

Thanks for the correction. Yeah I meant double rim size + 4

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I have an Omega sedan, 3.0L, with 16" rims and Bridgestone tyres. I keep my tyres at 39 psi, front & rear.
But, I have noticed that my rear tires are wearing unevenly, mostly on the inside.
I've asked around, and apparently this is often seen in cars with independent rear suspension, and load, or lack of it, might contribute to the problem - but there's not much I can do about that.
My local Bob Jane dealer will do a front & rear wheel alignment for $75.00, which seems very reasonable, so I'll get that done soon.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
He said they wear out in the middle if he is even serious
Haha, chap said he's in the Middle East previously, hasn't thought to let us know about wear pattern yet exactly!

I have noticed that my rear tires are wearing unevenly, mostly on the inside.
I've asked around, and apparently this is often seen in cars with independent rear suspension, and load, or lack of it, might contribute to the problem - but there's not much I can do about that.

Yes mate you can, everyone starts with Bridgies which have a very square profile and mine did the same on inside before I realised you can fix it.
Firstly I switched brand to better value and nearly as good, but still wore on inside rears. Pointed out to tyre joint at rotation and wheel alignment dude fixed it, permanently.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Man someone is doing line lockers, rubber particulate, "black sand" on your rear quarters etc is a direct result of tyres being smoked, on purpose,
Someone is doing burnouts in your car mate

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Yes toe can be a big issue on the ear of a VE. I recently lost a set of good tyres because of this after a dodgy wheel alignment.

It tends to wear in a very narrow strip right at the edge and the rest of the tyre can look OK. Camber issues seem to me to create a bit of a wider worn strip on one side of the tyre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD