Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust advice - 2.5" down from 3

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I'm getting an 02 wideband bung welded on too - no room pre cats alas - but what side do we think is better?
Personally I think it should be on the passenger's side as cylinder 7 has traditionally been the leanest cylinder in an LS.
There's not much difference between banks, either side is fine.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
What headers are they? The collectors design wise look reasonable unlike others with cats directly behind the collector could never work optimally.

Pacemaker 1 7/8th . A bit tight near the right header as it was hitting everything in sight when they first put them on

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Pacemaker 1 7/8th . A bit tight near the right header as it was hitting everything in sight when they first put them on
Many years ago, Genie were the biggest header manufacturer in Australia followed by HM Headers and Pacemaker along with a couple of others were low scale using press bent pipes. Genie manufactured in SA and had a financial issue letting some staff go and Pacemaker employed them and ramped up their production from a small factory unit they rented. Pacemaker's vision was knocking Genie off their pedestal first and foremost with a header design that worked best and to this day, designing a header within the boundaries of a road car engine bay that works properly remains their priority. There's good reason why Pacemaker became Australia's largest header manufacturer for so many years!

1 7/8" are big pipes to get in there clearance wise whilst trying to maintain equal length primaries as best as possible into the collector.

Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Just reporting back.
Now I've got a bit of a frankenstein's monster exhaust.
1 3/4 4-1 xforce going into bolt on cats (200cel) then into a manta 2.5 stainless (h pipe and hotdogs) into bimodals. Ended up using r8 ones (found on marketplace) and getting the shop to mod them for the tips and flange. Didnt want that baillie tip nonsense anyway.

Very different note - dont know if I prefer it but it sounds fantastic. And the best part is - drone free.

Shifts sound excellent on it compared to the previous one too.

Last edited:

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Just reporting back.
1 3/4 4-1 xforce going into bolt on cats (200cel) then into a manta 2.5 stainless (h pipe and hotdogs) into bimodals. Ended up using r8 ones (found on marketplace) and getting the shop to mod them for the tips and flange. Didnt want that baillie tip nonsense anyway.

Very different note - dont know if I prefer it but it sounds fantastic. And the best part is - drone free.

Frankenstein exhausts are great!!

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Just reporting back.

Does the Manta midpipe have 4 hot dogs or 2?

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Does the Manta midpipe have 4 hot dogs or 2?
2, pretty short.
This assembly:

1.png