Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust for my VE

Bradcommospec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi people,
Im looking for some opinions/what people have on their ve sv6's mainly with SIDI engine as im looking to do mine.
I heard just the rear mufflers is the best idea and i have tried it with redback and there were so bad and droned like no tomorrow and hadnt tried sense and looking to try again soon.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
The V6 engines sound terrible with any form of modified exhaust - a similar sound can be achieved by farting in a milo tin

My advice - if you must change the exhaust, change the rear mufflers to the twin tipped V8 variety

Bradcommospec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The V6 engines sound terrible with any form of modified exhaust - a similar sound can be achieved by farting in a milo tin

My advice - if you must change the exhaust, change the rear mufflers to the twin tipped V8 variety
Yeah thats what i have atm, the ssv rear mufflers, they are good for the look but not louder.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have just done 2 systems on V6's with 2 more orders placed. I use Manta 2 1/2" mild steel twin "quiet" version. The medium version is raspy and drones, the quiet has an additional muffler that takes out the rasp and drone but is still nice and deep and has a good note on acceleration. There is a video on YouTube of the SiDi ute owned by the guy in my sig, that one is the medium version without the muffler, he wanted loud and he got it. He wasn't happy with the raspy note so I sent him an X pipe, it took the rasp out without making it quieter. I think it's still average sounding and the quiet version is much better.

Bradcommospec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have just done 2 systems on V6's with 2 more orders placed. I use Manta 2 1/2" mild steel twin "quiet" version. The medium version is raspy and drones, the quiet has an additional muffler that takes out the rasp and drone but is still nice and deep and has a good note on acceleration. There is a video on YouTube of the SiDi ute owned by the guy in my sig, that one is the medium version without the muffler, he wanted loud and he got it. He wasn't happy with the raspy note so I sent him an X pipe, it took the rasp out without making it quieter. I think it's still average sounding and the quiet version is much better.
So was that just catback and rear mufflers?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yes, Y pipes off the cats, twin front with a muffler and hotdogs, and the rear quad tipped mufflers.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Not _An_Abba_Fan could you PM me a price as the wife wants a bit more note out of her SV6. Already has the quad tip mufflers off a senator.
Cheers