Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve omega exhaust sound

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
**** man really hahaha, tbh i thought it sounded not to bad compared to the other straight piped raspy exhausts on v6 commos. not much i can really do until im on my opens, cant even get an l67 in qld.

Why ask the question then?

As mentioned, did you want people to give you an answer you want to hear, or what others think...It does seem obvious, others opinion didn't really come into the equasion with this response....

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Why ask the question then?

As mentioned, did you want people to give you an answer you want to hear, or what others think...It does seem obvious, others opinion didn't really come into the equasion with this response....
im allowed to have my own opinions too? im just seeing what other people reckon, they reckon it sounds sh*t, cool, thats all i wanted to know.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Here's the link to 2 seperate 6 cylinder cars with a twin system that sound bloody awesome....The others sound crap

Hahaha, about the only similarity with an old Hemi and Modern V6 is they both run on petrol. Even 202's with headers and exhaust sound fairly reasonable. Shame OP dropped the coin without seeking advice before doing so.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hahaha, about the only similarity with an old Hemi and Modern V6 is they both run on petrol. Even 202's with headers and exhaust sound fairly reasonable. Shame OP dropped the coin without seeking advice before doing so.
He did seek advice, but went with what he wanted anyways...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
For an Alloytec V6, it doesn't sound too bad and is one of the better sounding Alloytec V6's with an exhaust system (at least when revving it standing still)... However while driving, it may be a different story... If you can be bothered, show us some clips of the car driving... Also how much did this all cost you and any power gains?

Reactions: Lex

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
For an Alloytec V6, it doesn't sound too bad and is one of the better sounding Alloytec V6's with an exhaust system (at least when revving it standing still)... However while driving, it may be a different story... If you can be bothered, show us some clips of the car driving... Also how much did this all cost you and any power gains?
cheers man, and im still on my L's so hard to get a clip, inside the car dosent sound too bad although i havent really put my foot down cause my dad will crack the shits lol. and right now ive got 207rwhp and thats from an exhaust, k&n panel filter, aftermarket lsd and ratio change and plenum spacer, although last 3 wont really affect hp. nothing special as ive seen some vf's make 200rwkw just from a catback, otr and tune. and cost wise exhaust was about 1500, installed it myself, never again, the headers are a pain in the c*nt and my hands look like i grated all the skin off when i was done. tune and filter was 1250, and diff was 800, got the gears for free and 800 for the truetrac lsd and built the diff myself. ive made money back from selling my old exhaust. but about 3.5k in total for those mods.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
cheers man, and im still on my L's so hard to get a clip, inside the car dosent sound too bad although i havent really put my foot down cause my dad will crack the shits lol. and right now ive got 207rwhp and thats from an exhaust, k&n panel filter, aftermarket lsd and ratio change and plenum spacer, although last 3 wont really affect hp. nothing special as ive seen some vf's make 200rwkw just from a catback, otr and tune. and cost wise exhaust was about 1500, installed it myself, never again, the headers are a pain in the c*nt and my hands look like i grated all the skin off when i was done. tune and filter was 1250, and diff was 800, got the gears for free and 800 for the truetrac lsd and built the diff myself. ive made money back from selling my old exhaust. but about 3.5k in total for those mods.
Sounds good even though it's probably not the best way to spend your money... How much did you get the car for and do you think all of the mods are worth it?

Oh well, we are only young once so have fun (but be safe to)

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Sounds good even though it's probably not the best way to spend your money... How much did you get the car for and do you think all of the mods are worth it?

Oh well, we are only young once so have fun (but be safe to)
yeah probably not the best way but im bringing in good enough money and not paying rent, will be very soon though ahaha, just dont want to have a boring car and save my money till im 20, and yeah ill probably regret it when im older but oh well. and i got it for 5.3k from an auction in vicco with 140ks on it, had to pay 1000 to tow it up here. but it was in extremely good condition and absolutely bone stock, still had the plastic exterior pieces on the bonnet and top of the window. but yeah i'd say its all worth it to be honest. things like my diff maybe not, if you havent got the experience and tools for a job like that. i just got very lucky with that so in my case it was very worth it. i honestly wouldnt get a catback though im glad i never did, because they sound the same as an aftermarket muffler with a middle resonator, and without a resonator, just sound really crappy and tinny. and the tune definitely, they removed the tourqe limiter in 1st and 2nd gear, increased throttle response and removed the 4k rev limiter in park which is nice. and for everthing that ive bought and sold, from the car, it comes to around 5.2k in mods. thats all the exterior, interior and any other mods like subwoofers amps headunits taillights and all that. honestly, just live your life, have fun, yeah its probably wise to save my money, but id rather have fun when im young, then waste 4 years of my life driving around a grandpas car.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Baby Jesus' ears are bleeding....

It sounds just like a Commodore with a P plate fitted.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
im allowed to have my own opinions too? im just seeing what other people reckon, they reckon it sounds sh*t, cool, thats all i wanted to know.
Mate it sounds okay for what it is. Take no notice of those two muppets ‘Statler and Waldorf’