Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve omega exhaust sound

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Stationary revving always sounds terrible to me, even at a race track. I'd much rather hear the thing at WOT going past.

In before #trombone

too late

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Sounds good even though it's probably not the best way to spend your money... How much did you get the car for and do you think all of the mods are worth it?
Oh well, we are only young once so have fun (but be safe to)
Yep.
And after we have spent so much time and money, and later realised we could have spent it in better ways, it is called 'experience' .......... that we wish to pass onto others who have not yet gained that experience.
What I hate ;) is that @lucasperks06 has a 13 year old, first car that would **** all over my 8 year old, first car that I spent way too much money to get performance that could be outrun by an electric skateboard today.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Stationary revving always sounds terrible to me, even at a race track. I'd much rather hear the thing at WOT going past.

In before #trombone

too late
Sounds like a Nissan VQ motor

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The best exhaust on an alloytec is the stock exhuast.

That sounds bloody awful, sorry, you wanted honesty.

One thing that the brain learns as it gets older is loud doesn't = good. Just because you can hear it 3 blocks away doesn't mean it sounds decent.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
The best exhaust on an alloytec is the stock exhuast.

That sounds bloody awful, sorry, you wanted honesty.

One thing that the brain learns as it gets older is loud doesn't = good. Just because you can hear it 3 blocks away doesn't mean it sounds decent.
yeah thats fair bro not gonna get all sh*tty over it. i would rather an l67 or ls1 but just working with what i got. im just glad i havent done straight pipes from the headers back ahaha

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
You and literally everyone else within earshot of that too lol yours doesn’t sound too bad as it is I reckon
yeah thats what i reckon too, its not raspy, and not too loud. (
) this one here is probably the only other alloytec ive heard that sounds alright revving standstill. theres some cammed alloytecs that are pretty off there head though like this one (
)

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
yeah thats what i reckon too, its not raspy, and not too loud. (
) this one here is probably the only other alloytec ive heard that sounds alright revving standstill. theres some cammed alloytecs that are pretty off there head though like this one (
)
I wouldn't go any further with mods if I were you... Just enjoy the car for what it is, service it properly and when it comes time to sell, put all of the stock parts back and sell the aftermarket stuff separately as that's how you're going to get the most money...

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
I wouldn't go any further with mods if I were you... Just enjoy the car for what it is, service it properly and when it comes time to sell, put all of the stock parts back and sell the aftermarket stuff separately as that's how you're going to get the most money...
i wish i still had the old stuff i already sold it lol. but yeah thats pretty much all im gonna do with it. might get an sv6 bumper and underdrive pulley, but other then that im pretty happy with how it is.