Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust help

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
Hey guys was just wondering what are the best ways to quiet down an exhaust.
I recently purchased two rear mufflers with hotdogs and don't get me wrong I absolutely love the sound! But it is extremely loud and a lot louder in the cabin, I know it will attract the cops aswell so I need help asap..

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Rear mufflers, got that. Are they hotdogs or you put additional hotdogs somewhere?

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
Sorry I said that wrong, I replaced the rear mufflers with hotdogs

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
No worries thanks for the help, what would you prefer instead of the hotdogs to give the same sort of noise but not as loud? Red back sports mufflers or straight pipes or?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No worries thanks for the help, what would you prefer instead of the hotdogs to give the same sort of noise but not as loud? Red back sports mufflers or straight pipes or?
Definitely HSV bimodal mufflers, you can get on eBay less than $200 and hookup to key fob controller - loud or quiet. Thing is though they are quad tips so you might get challenged by people thinking its an 8!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
The V6 is a horrible beast with sound, best is just afm V8 mufflers, other wise to loud and drone.

My daily is a dual fuel berlina and changed to a SS system, had pre afm mufflers and was loud and droned, got some pacemaker headers and cats cheap from a wreckers($250) and that didn't help so put the afm mufflers on. Bit a a nicer deep sound but nice for a daily.

Headers and cats gave me 30>50kms more out of a tank too.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Varex mufflers

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
HSV Bi modal or Xforce Varex mufflers are your best bet. Dont know if the bimodal comes with a remote when you buy it? Varex does.
Note: Any adjustable muffler with a remote is technically illegal, so choose your wof place wisely :)

I never liked the VE v6 with straight through type mufflers. It had an awesome start up sound and nice idle. But when you put the foot down it made me cringe.