Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust help

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
Not really after the other work that comes with bimodal or varex mufflers really just want something I can bolt on and be done with

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The V6 is a horrible beast with sound, best is just afm V8 mufflers, other wise to loud and drone.

My daily is a dual fuel berlina and changed to a SS system, had pre afm mufflers and was loud and droned, got some pacemaker headers and cats cheap from a wreckers($250) and that didn't help so put the afm mufflers on. Bit a a nicer deep sound but nice for a daily.

Headers and cats gave me 30>50kms more out of a tank too.

Ah, that's funny. The pacemakers headers fixed the drony non AFM mufflers on mine. Maybe the cats made it worse in your case.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Not really after the other work that comes with bimodal or varex mufflers really just want something I can bolt on and be done with

AFM mufflers from a V8 then, but I'm pretty sure you'll find them too quiet.

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
This may be a stupid question so bare with me here, but what are your guys thoughts on having 2 different diff back systems, so for example in my situation I'd have a hotdog at the rear and on the other side have a stock ve rear muffler

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
This may be a stupid question so bare with me here, but what are your guys thoughts on having 2 different diff back systems, so for example in my situation I'd have a hotdog at the rear and on the other side have a stock ve rear muffler

The gases would take the easiest path so that would probably be even more noisy as everything would try to escape through the hot dog.
Unless some weird fluid mechanics apply here and I'm completely wrong :-D

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
On the V6 you need to replace the entire cat back with a good aftermarket one, or alternatively, get your fabrication on. Find a set of SSV rear twin outlet mufflers and remove the middle muffler and replace it with pipes, but keep the centre hotdogs. This deepens the note, makes it a bit louder but not too loud and doesn't drone. A replacement cat back will be deeper and louder again but a completely different note. Still legal too.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Completely agree^ had my 6 done while ago with a custom catback with basically that setup. its the best setup for a 6 imo. i'd steer clear of the mass produced crap like xforce etc and just get a custom system welded up.