Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust mods for Motorsport, possibly Director & Magnum

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Just to be clear, HSV don’t make anything they produce cars.
These Perry / HM tri-y shorties have been around since LS1. Google HM shorties and you’ll see how and why they have become HSV’s most significant (successful) rebranding achievement until the release of those LED tail lights.
I wouldn’t even say they produce cars, they modify a base car produced by Holden. Which really makes any part that is not on the car when it leaves the plant aftermarket.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just to be clear, HSV don’t make anything they produce cars.
These Perry / HM tri-y shorties have been around since LS1. Google HM shorties and you’ll see how and why they have become HSV’s most significant (successful) rebranding achievement until the release of those LED tail lights.

According to who?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
According to who?
Out of all that company's rebranding achievements, which is what they do, the most discussed performance differentiator I found is the HSV exhaust (versus Holden log).
What rebranded part do you think is more significant than the Perry exhaust? In retrospect the best thing HSV has ever done was those rear LEDs, looks crap now, and that's not in terms of contribution to performance.
Basically Google as above, everyone into LS tech since the introduction of LS1 here in Australia. The Google results will lead you to discussions on LS1.com.au which used to be the place to discuss LS stuff. Pointless to reproduce dozens of threads over the past decade from another forum here.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
I was told on this forum that hsv triys wouldn't bolt up to the cat on the VF2 as it was different than the VF1. So to make it clear will they work or not?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
HSV triys won't bolt up to std log manifold cats,you need specific HSV cats that came with triys due to different lengths,review some past posts here for pics.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
So if you get the HSV headers with the big cats that are also fitted stock on a VF1 they will bolt to the factory catback on a VF2

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Out of all that company's rebranding achievements, which is what they do, the most discussed performance differentiator I found is the HSV exhaust (versus Holden log).

According to themselves. Of course the HSV stuff is better than the factory stuff. But there is other stuff out there better than HSV as well.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
The pacemakers are starting to.look like the go to me. Bittersweet.
always had pacemakers but on my VE ute the headers do touch speed bumps a bit(she is really low) so on my VF2 I got these as were on special, they line up to factory cat back position
The pacemakers are starting to.look like the go to me. Bittersweet.

I've always had pacemakers 4>1s but on my VE ute the 1 7/8ths hit speed bumps sometimes(she is really low) so on my VF2 I got these as on special(think its was $1250 I paid, bolt to std cat back position. They have a EBay store now so can get the ebay 10% deal when it comes up etc.

upload_2017-11-4_6-45-22.png

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have the same REX 4-1 headers above, and rate them......