Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's VT Senator Signature 220i

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
So I've just purchased a VT senator. To be truthful I wasn't even looking for one, but the opportunity arose and was too good to pass up.

Last weekend at a car show I saw a VT senator which got me thinking. I've always liked these, but they've only really appealed to me with the 220i. I was actually sent a message from Gumtree suggesting a few cars for me on Monday- and this was one of them. Went to look at it on Monday night and first impressions were good. I didn't make an offer there and then, but I went on to look at it with the old man on Tuesday night (he's has a mechanical background and a keen eye for detail). Again, I didn't make an offer until later that night over the phone. He accepted and I grabbed it on Wednesday and it drove home without any problems.

About the car:
HSV Senator Signature no.495

Engine: Factory 220i stroker engine - totally unmodified
Transmission: Auto
Diff: Hydratrak 3.07
Suspension: Stock - original springs & shock absorbers with level ride (the compressor still works!)
Interior: Factory pewter interior - leather with senator embroidery and electric seats
Brakes: HSV 330mm brake upgrade
Other: HSV fitted sunroof
Sound system: Standard - CD stacker and steering wheel controls all work

Plans:
-Fix the crack in the passengers side skirt and respray the rear passengers 1/4 panel (has some paint fade)
-Have stitching fixed in passengers seat
-Refit passengers side foglight
-Fit tiebar lifters for peace of mind
-Sand & clearcoat headlights

Apart from that, plans are to keep it totally original.

huhbLPN.jpg

xjtU4ex.jpg

ll8RKam.jpg

6DXDzFP.jpg

d7Ud0kG.jpg

8Vs5Z8e.jpg

2P46yiU.jpg

bQd2cK1.jpg

IwdCTB2.jpg

QZ9bub9.jpg

7SlNTeK.jpg

1bTJq5y.jpg

pkN87Ol.jpg

nrbcBWP.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looks fantastic , love that color . Love the vt/vx senators but yeah recon the 220 vt is the choice . I need more money and space lol , your making me think of one even a 5.0l one , not that I can realistically do it . Are you going to keep it rego'd and use it occasionally or store it until it can be club rego'd

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
that looks mint, id keep it stock, though i couldn't resist to tune it up, just that extra power tap there.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wow ! Nice pick up. How does it drive ?

R

Risky

I agree with the others (I don't know how to quote on this new format). A very beautiful & well cared for car. Keep it stock & just fix up what it needs. You could easily use it as a daily. The headlights need seeing to but the colour & the way it's been kept is brilliant.

If I was going to buy one of these for myself, this is the one I would get.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I agree with the others (I don't know how to quote on this new format).

Hit "Reply" on the post you want to quote.

If you want to multi quote in one reply, hit "Reply" on each post you want to quote and they will all appear in your new post.

R

Risky

Hit "Reply" on the post you want to quote.

If you want to multi quote in one reply, hit "Reply" on each post you want to quote and they will all appear in your new post.

I figured it out by myself after 7am this morning. I'm still getting used to the changes :)

Cheers mate

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Cruise control looks wrong..either routed wrongly or too short.

Buy that baby some new headlights & white repeaters then big detail + leather conditioner.

3.45 gears & memcal be sweet ass improvement..perfect for that axle tramping effect on these lol

Got a lot of car for the coin!!!!