Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's VY Calais LS1

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
70B27696-CE8F-4861-86F0-3690B38EB3E2.jpeg
635F8707-BFF0-4D0D-9278-7FB1E778CE0B.jpeg
C4F8D3AF-0BFF-4ED1-BB81-BA20C174AD72.jpeg
77878DC4-DDEF-47D9-85F1-5FB16CF3925C.jpeg

Forum keeps turning pics 90deg for some reason. Thought uploading straight to the forum seemed too good to be true haha.

Anyway, managed to get some colour back onto the cal. Pics only show up to first colour coat. Also put the diff back together with 3.73’s today.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Forum keeps turning pics 90deg for some reason
I upload my pics to my computer first. I then view them. Make sure the orientation is correct & the size. As in megabytes. Crop if neccessary. Then once everything is correct (pics under 2 MB & correct orientation). I then copy & paste direct to the post.
They seem to come out correctly that way.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I use Imgur for pics.....easy to do on the phone as well.

Reactions: EYY

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Wet sanded and polished the bonnet after work tonight. Finish is good, but colour match to guards isn’t perfect. I’ll blend into the guards eventually. Pics are in no particular order :p

Plan is to sand/polish the roof and bootlid, and maybe paint front/rear bars over the next few weeks.
QU3fme3.jpg
HSG4MnA.jpg
L8Vpj86.jpg
lFNneT8.jpg

BorV0sX.jpg

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I've committed to respraying the rest of the car. I ended up fitting front and rear bars after spraying them along with the side skirts. There are just too many panels to blend through and there are plenty of carpark dents I'd like to fix too. As it was, it looked like a patchwork quilt.

Spray booth booked for this coming Saturday, so I've put some pressure on myself to get it all prepped before then.

Ended up fitting the 3.73 diff today along with the 3" Xforce exhaust. Sounds good at idle and under load, but does drone a bit at light load up a slight hill. Diff is quiet and has done wonders for performance too. Going to borrow Sandman's Tech2 to correct the speedo shortly.

Had some serious troubles removing this trim - it ended up coming off in tiny pieces. I have a replacement for it anyway - the chrome was damaged. I've removed a few at pick a part before but never had this sort of trouble...

IqCAomr.jpg

Very roughly primed after removing sikaflex with wire wheel. Surface imperfections will be hidden by the trim anyway so wasnt too fussy with it.

BLEmT0c.jpg

Filling a couple of small imperfections in the guard

RdwyBcP.jpg

Primed guard

OvcAH9U.png

3" exhaust and new diff fitted. This exhaust is destined for the senator - I'll find something a little more sensible for this.

QXmJeF0.png

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Started wetsanding the drivers side tonight and filled a few more small dents. Still havent polished anything other than the bonnet, but have fitted SS sideskirts, VZ Calais rear bar, original front bar with hbd lip etc.

2UFzOEs.jpg

NsWCMvR.jpg

Plan for tomorrow night is to sand and prime over the doplhin glaze, so that it'll be ready again for wet sanding again on Tuesday night.