Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Face Recognition, Where are not in CHINA but KMART, Bunnings, and The Good guys are using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Hey mate, if they're interested in anything that l'm doing or saying
they've got to get out more. LOL.
Thats why I've got no problem with having google home/amazon smart speakers in my house....The government or big business isn't going to give 2 shits what I've got to say, not like I've got anything to hide lol.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hey mate, if they're interested in anything that l'm doing or saying
they've got to get out more. LOL.
Thats why I've got no problem with having google home/amazon smart speakers in my house....The government or big business isn't going to give 2 shits what I've got to say, not like I've got anything to hide lol.
It’s not an issue needing to get out more or you no having something to hide.

Business and government knowing absolutely everything about you and your family and friends simply isn’t a good thing. These mobs knowing your political and religious affiliations, your sexual preferences and perversions and other such private details provides them with too much strength to do whatever they want. Being bombarded by targeted advertising because some relative had a baby or other such thinks, is annoying enough. Not landing a job, not getting a rental, being denied entry to a shopping centre, etc, all because you’re not of the right
political or economic group, have the wrong beliefs or wrong mindset becomes much much more problematic.

Basically humans can become somewhat racist clicky groups which can be led by some not nice people… You just need a powerful person that pushes the right emotional buttons in such groups and you get loss of democracy, cancelled of freedoms and who knows what else.

We know what evil looks like as history has clearly shows us. Hitler killed millions just cause they weren’t part of the master race plan. How effective could he have been had he had access to huge databases to mine, facial recognition to identify the undesirables and their supporters. How many more could he have slaughtered. And let’s not forget Pol Pot who slaughtered 1/4 of his countries population. such things and not unheard of (to use a double negative).

Going back a few years, who would have thought the president of the USA would be involved in inciting riots and insurrection, would deny law, make up facts, steal and lie… What would such a president do if he got back in power, with even more data at hand? Would anyone who opposed his lies feel concerned, fearful even…

One doesn’t know what the future could bring, so one shouldn't want every aspect of their lives sitting within a database just waiting for some nut to mine it for nefarious purposes. Purposes that at this point in time we may be unable to envisage.

Privacy is a fundamental human right that is now being eroded at an alarming rate. Governments couldn’t do it because of public backlash but oddly private multinationals that seems to sit above governments get a free reign. We accept it because we thing that we have nothing to hide…

Wonder how many Jews thought they were safe on hearing the “stories”. They had nothing to hide until they tried to hide who they were. 6 million were slaughtered…

But it’s a car forum so if things go mad max pear shaped, as long as I’ve got a tank of gas I’ll be ok…

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats why I've got no problem with having google home/amazon smart speakers in my house.... The government or big business isn't going to give 2 shits what I've got to say, not like I've got anything to hide lol.
All the processing for voice recognition, so you can do you home automation stuff, could have been done locally on the device itself. Yet all manufacturers chose to do it on their central servers which costs them $$ to have running 24/7 just so you can say “hey Google, turn up the sound”…

That choice to have things centralised was no accident as they all saw the value in your private data…

So they do give a **** ;)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
No. I dont even have a Mobile phone that is connected to any provider. Expensive 85 inch tv has tape over the camera and MIc turn off and when I have a service person come to our house I added the Feature with a External Mic Switch (bought it before hand). See the Sony 85 Z8H has not got a Mechanical Switch and only relys on software to turn it off but the next model the 85 Z9J has a Mechanical Switch on the rear of the left side, got the diagram and the rest is history.
Christ VS…you’d be fun at a party…..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi VFSV6FORME,
I would recommend filing this complaint with your GP. Clearly your drugs are either too strong, or not strong enough.
Regards, Customer Support.
Great, now we’ve got members setting up throw away accounts to be funny while insulting a member.
Christ VS…you’d be fun at a party…..
I’d just take note of VFSVY’s signature and not be so harsh…

Go easy with me as I had a Stroke that EFFECTS MY SPELLING AND MY GRAMMAR. I was never like this before the Stroke but I do immensely struggle to type with one Finger. The Only thing that will stop me trying is DEATH!!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Go easy with me as I had a Stroke that EFFECTS MY SPELLING AND MY GRAMMAR. I was never like this before the Stroke but I do immensely struggle to type with one Finger. The Only thing that will stop me trying is DEATH!!
I get that..it was more in reference to:

“Expensive 85 inch tv has tape over the camera and MIc turn off and when I have a service person come to our house I added the Feature with a External Mic Switch”

Etc…

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I get that..it was more in reference to:

“Expensive 85 inch tv has tape over the camera and MIc turn off and when I have a service person come to our house I added the Feature with a External Mic Switch”

Etc…
The way I see it is that you can have more fun at his parties as the TV can’t spy on you, no mobiles or social media… so your antics won’t end up on Facebook or youtube :p:p:p

It’s at some “progressives” party where you have to be guarded cause there are spy devises and cameras and social media types everywhere :rolleyes::p:p

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Good thread, interested to see what the Americans do about Assange, now that it looks like they will be able to grab him.
This guy Assange revealed classified information, given to him by a angry mentality disturbed individual, which potentially put people's lives at risk

But hey, cool kids want him to get away with it under the cover of freedom of the press, never mind the Iraqi and Afghans that were secretly working for the US, yeap, apparently them getting target and killed because of the released information isn't as important as "freedom of the press"

Lounge chair expertise at its best

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
This guy Assange revealed classified information, given to him by a angry mentality disturbed individual, which potentially put people's lives at risk

But hey, cool kids want him to get away with it under the cover of freedom of the press, never mind the Iraqi and Afghans that were secretly working for the US, yeap, apparently them getting target and killed because of the released information isn't as important as "freedom of the press"

Lounge chair expertise at its best
No doubt Asange is a bit of a twat, actually he’s a huge twat as he and his team should have read and then redacted information which would place lives at risk before publication.

But the crime he is being charged with is not the lack of redaction when releasing the docs (which would have saved some assets from retribution killing) but the fact he had the documents in his possession in the fist place (and supposedly aided manning in accessing them).

Classified stuff gets leaked often but it was the wholesale release of classified documents which embarrassed the USA, UK, Aus and other allies and I think was the driving force as to why he was being pursued/persecuted. Hint, don’t embarrass multiple governments :rolleyes:

The fact he highlighted US war crimes shouldn’t be dismissed as it was a service to us all. Such war crimes should be exposed and shouldn’t go unpunished (though i don’t remember anyone being punished for killing the journalists as it was I think put down to fog of war).

It’s a huge clusterfuck of auz government failure, likely related to the level of embarrassment caused by the e,say cables release, but at least our government is now showing small steps in trying some diplomacy to protect its citizens.

Bring him home and punish him here according to our laws should be the Aussie play book when internet crimes are committed by our citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.