Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Face Recognition, Where are not in CHINA but KMART, Bunnings, and The Good guys are using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Agree with all of that, just don’t agree that ignoring an EULA is a criminal offence and has 20 years jail attached to it…

There‘s enough laws on the books that if you really peeved off those in power, they will find some criminal law to make you will pay dearly for your impertinence, yet we all think we live in a truely free societies :rolleyes:
I was probably being a bit dramatic, mostly because its been years since I watched the documentary about it. Still though 11 of the 13 charges Aaron Swartz was charged with were related to terms of service breaches and he never committed any actual crime that normal people would consider a crime or expect him to go to jail for.

Meanwhile here in Australia ice addicts who steal cars and kill people when they have a crash running from the police get a slap on the wrist.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
It’s already too late in terms of privacy. We humans are now the product and will be fodder for the elite to milk even more effectively than anyone can imagine. And who knows what insidious things the next Hitler will decide to do with such data and tracking systems…

This is the second reason I wear a mask to shops, petrol stations etc.
The first reason is the viral sh!t people are currently shedding everywhere.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Australia should have been pushing the US to back off, after all he is an Australian citizen. Just goes to show that principles mean nothing to the government you’ll only get the support of your country if it’s convenient to them.
Yes, Australia should protect its citizens but sadly Australia has a history of throwing its own citizens under the US legal buss…

One case was a young W.A guy who’d never left his state but hacked into a US site looking for stupid stuff to prove his stupid conspiracies (not unlike that UK nutcase Macinnon?) He could have been charged for his crimes down under, because he committed them here, but USA asked for extradition and Australia obliged.

In essence his own country threw him to to wolves where extraordinary punishment could be extracted. Not sure what the outcome was as media dumped the story…

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still though 11 of the 13 charges Aaron Swartz was charged with were related to terms of service breaches and he never committed any actual crime that normal people would consider a crime or expect him to go to jail for.
Again, something may have been in an EULA but he was charged based Computer Fraud And Abuse act 1986, nothing to do with EULA… That is just an angle made to hype up the drama within the movie. Basically you can’t hack into or gain a unauthorised access to computer systems as it’s a crime… That includes using an ex girlfriends password to post stuff on her social media account… would you get charged for the later crime, probably not as there is nothing in it for the establishment… And we all know that many laws are not for the benefit of the general public but for the benefit of the establishments.

EULA are a funny thing in law as there is no clear precedence set in any jurisdiction as to their contact worthiness in law… So a CD May in essence have an implied or stated EULA on the shrink wrap but it doesn’t have the power of contact law. In any case, Aussie law allows you to make a backup so you can play your music in a more convenient manner and the EULA cant stop you even if it had the strength of contract law behind it (which it doesn’t) as you can’t contact away law…

But do the same with DVD’s and BD’s and you’d be in the poo as the aussie legislation doesn’t afford the same rights to copying movies for personal conveniences. So it’s a crime to copy DVD’s & BD’s and large fines and jail time can occur (nobody has been jailed for casual personal copying though some have for commercial grade copying). Again such charges would be based on copyright law, not EULA…

IANAl so what I might say may be wrong but not as wrong as movie producers who want to sensationalise of exaggerate some issue for the sake of “art”… even with true stories.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Back again!! After watching Motor racing for 3 Days, Yes this thread has Taken Off but I do like standing for us, The Australian, the poor old person that get trodden on (been a Union man for years in the early days).
Next Thread I will start Is Channel 7 "HOME AND AWAY" Thread (if i feel like doing) that heavenly biased towards WYMEN because this show allows women to bash, kick, and do horrible things against a Man but nothing happens the other way around. The Wife tell me that a actor man was chastising his son (17-18 years old) because he was hitting him for stealing a Vehicle yet home and away made a big thing about it show the actor Father of the 17-18 year old young man father held at the Police Station and he was CHARGES WITH CHILD beating SOMETHING, (dont know the wife forgot) and Home and Away made a BIG thing about it, dragged on and on but at the Same time two Female Actors KILLED a Man Yes Killed a Man, A Barrister of Law that he was the Fathers of one of the Young Girl that was suspected to bang one girl when she was 16 and she fell pregnant.
Yes they killed Him and both of them dragged him in his boot of his car where one of the older Girls droved down the road, raced down the country road Only to be chased by a cop for speeding and the COP Said Whats in the Boot (found blood on the driver and the car), They Found A Dead body and she cried and got away with it for truck sake. Althougt she did not kill the Barrister, (the other girl did), I can think of at least 5 changes that she should be charged with but NOTING HAPPENED
No doubt this show is biased towards the wyman brand to please the wymen audience watching so they feel good but like I have done before as years ago when I was watching this show (Stopped long ago watching this rubbish) I use the complain the Ch 7 and said to them "Why do you allow women to punch , Bash, or do anything bad against a MAN yet you never show a Man hitting a woman or other. I said to them VIOLENCE IS NOT accepted by any gender so why do allow this to happen? They reply with the same rubbish, Write to this mob and complain to them, Yeah it a waste of you time doing this but what is not a waste of time, BOYCOTT there product they advertising in there time slot or any other time slot and if you feel good the next day Ring the Company that the product that you going to Boycott and tell them why you are not going to buy this product again.

I have done my Rant Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Us men should stick of for our right otherwise we will be trodding over by the other. Back to my Dish issues and 5G that is effecting me of watching China and Russia. Truck Vodaphone as Optus and Telstra is no problem with the Frequencies they use (Lower than 3700 MHZ) for 5G but Vodaphone Gruuuuuuuuuuugh!!!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hope you don’t have a webcam on your computer or phone…..you know the government is watching right?….
No. I dont even have a Mobile phone that is connected to any provider. Expensive 85 inch tv has tape over the camera and MIc turn off and when I have a service person come to our house I added the Feature with a External Mic Switch (bought it before hand). See the Sony 85 Z8H has not got a Mechanical Switch and only relys on software to turn it off but the next model the 85 Z9J has a Mechanical Switch on the rear of the left side, got the diagram and the rest is history.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
If tape on a laptop camera is good enough for a technically capable Mark Zuckerberg, it should be a warning for us all and something we strongly consider…

A mechanical slide switch on yne bezel to off the camera and mic would be ideal but people love auto sign up via facial recognition and always on and listening devices via Siri or Alexa or Google… The ship has already sailed but we just don’t know that we’ve fallen overboard and are now food for sharks :confused:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Well as the title has said that KMART, Bunnings, and The Good guys are using FACE RECOGNITION and these 3 outlets are sayings they destroy this evedence weeks late. What a CROCK of SHI.T. this is another way to put a namne to a face on the internet and they will make $$$$$$$$ out of this at you expense.
This Method is noting but a invasive technology to spy on us and they are saying that they use these FACE RECOGNITION to catch the the thief that steal from there shops. Once again, What a CROCK of SHI.T. We are not in China for FUC.K sake.
The Good Guys, Remember me, I'm the one that has spent many Thousands of dollars buying expensive tv's from your shops + the 9 Monitors not long ago. Yes they came from you but after hearing this I WILL NEVER, EVER SET MY FOOT IN ANY "THE GOOD GUY" AGAIN. As for the other's BUNNINGS and KMart, I go back to Mitre 10 instead of bunnings and for Kmart. I, we the Family will shop at Target and BigW again.
KMART!!! Remember Me. I'm the person (Old hunch back old man) that approached you and interrupted you whilst you were having a meeting just inside the main Entrance and I said you (about 8 of them) I said, "What will Kmart sell if WAR breaks out with China? No more selling China Brand KMart/ANKO and If ANKO is taken from your shelves you will have nothing to sell. They looked at each other and said nothing. I bet the lot of them did not think about this.
I stand my my right and about time that others do the same.
COMPLAIN, BOYCOTT these shops and tell them we are not in China where they use FACE RECOGNITION Camera everywhere.
This is a boomer rant if I've ever seen one.

"Everything's chinas fault, something something back in my day we made things ourselves etc. NOW THEY ARE GOING TO PUT ME ON THE INTERNET"

The world is changing, deal with it, it's not going to change back because you don't want to set foot in their stores anymore.

Mate if I can get an ANKO kettle from china for $4 rather than paying $40 for one made here I'll do that any day of the damn week. China is the manufacturing superpower of the world, it's done, it's not going back. A couple of oldies boycotting retail stores is going to change nothing other than making you look silly.

I love how paranoid your generation is of the chinese, you think every single person from China is out to get you.

Also guess which country Target/BigW's stock comes from.....Let me give you a hint, Ni Hao. They'll follow suit with the CCTV sooner or later. China isn't the one forcing these stores to use CCTV with facial recognition, gronk bogan aussie's shoplifting are.

Facial regocnition technology and AI is becoming more and more standardised technology everywhere, it's got nothing to do with china spying on us etc, they don't even see the footage this is the stores wanting to help catch shop lifters.

You know we already have AI recognition on those cameras mounted on freeways to catch people using their phones etc. the system can detect faces and phone use etc already......oh no the boogyman!.

I've worked in the tech sector for 20 years I helped develop self serve checkouts and point of sale systems that your generation is so scared of, Just because you don't understand how something works doesn't make it wrong.

Last edited:

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
If tape on a laptop camera is good enough for a technically capable Mark Zuckerberg, it should be a warning for us all and something we strongly consider…

A mechanical slide switch on yne bezel to off the camera and mic would be ideal but people love auto sign up via facial recognition and always on and listening devices via Siri or Alexa or Google… The ship has already sailed but we just don’t know that we’ve fallen overboard and are now food for sharks :confused:
Hey mate, if they're interested in anything that l'm doing or saying
they've got to get out more. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.