Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FATSSV - Charged, cammed, bagged and "stanced"

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
did you get to keep the mould...

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
you said, Price wise, not including new bonnet, scoop or pins was ~$1100 ... so I presumed they took your old bonnet, put the scoop on it, then moulded the entire thing... then made you a new bonnet from the said mould

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
you said, Price wise, not including new bonnet, scoop or pins was ~$1100 ... so I presumed they took your old bonnet, put the scoop on it, then moulded the entire thing... then made you a new bonnet from the said mould

No, I purchased a new bonnet and the scoop and they moulded the scoop onto the new bonnet so it was seamless. In other words, the scoop wasn't stuck on top of the bonnet like the walky scoop was.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Thanks for the info mate, I love the moulded look as opposed to the stuck on... it just looks the tits when it's seamless.
I think I've got to buy another bonnet to give to the body shop because I can't take the family car offline for close to a month. Still the quality of the job is what counts and I can't rush that.

No, I purchased a new bonnet and the scoop and they moulded the scoop onto the new bonnet so it was seamless. In other words, the scoop wasn't stuck on top of the bonnet like the walky scoop was.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE: Car went into the mechanics/tuner yesterday morning to begin taking the blower off and start fabbing and installing the twin turbo setup.

PLOT TWIST: Car is also getting converted from the standard auto 6-speed to a 6-speed manual at the same time as the TT.

Got a few pics of the parts I picked up in the past week. Tuner/mechanic has got the rest such as Turbosmart 40mm external wastegates, intercooler, BOV etc.

Ripshift. Everyone says a ripshift is the bees kness in a manual commo, so figured I might as well get one so that it can get dropped in at the same timed as the box going in:

IMG_4029.jpg

Turbosmart E-Boost Street. Originally had my heart set on the E-Boost 2 as I was wrapt with the series 1 E-Boost in my R33, but the more I read into it, the more I noticed that alot of the features I wasn't going to use. So it made sense to go the Street as it had eveyrhting I wanted.

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

Twin Garrett GT3076Rs. 0.82 exhaust housings with V-band.

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

And I also went on a memorial crusie for a very close mate of mine that passed away recently. Cheers to AL Photography for the pics! Keen to get a photoshoot done with him as soon as I get my car back :D

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Sorry to hear about your mate. Hopefully it was a nice way to remember him.
Your go fast bits and mods are beginning to pile up. Charger to a turbo and auto to manual.
I have a feeling you're going to make a Coupe 60 out of it soon before it becomes amphibious!
Anyway, love following this thread as its great a great escape from the every day. Thanks for dreaming big for the rest of us.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry to hear about your mate. Hopefully it was a nice way to remember him.
Your go fast bits and mods are beginning to pile up. Charger to a turbo and auto to manual.
I have a feeling you're going to make a Coupe 60 out of it soon before it becomes amphibious!
Anyway, love following this thread as its great a great escape from the every day. Thanks for dreaming big for the rest of us.

Thanks mate, the cruise was by far the best I've been on and many said the same thing. No politics, no bullshit, just doing what my mate loved best: cruising.

Hahaha well they say dreams are free. I say otherwise.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a huge amount to report on. Manual conversion done, bar a few niggly bits with the wiring loom and pedal box. Fabrication of turbo side of things under way so fingers crossed, she's all turn key and ready by next week.

Exhaust manifolds fabbed up by MPW, using 4-1 collectors.

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Popped down to MPW last night to have a bit of gander at progress. Everything on track and looks exactly how I envisioned it, so cheers to Adam and the boys there for getting it how I want. Fingers crossed she's all done either later this week or early next week.

Turbos all mounted up and good to go. Just need oil/water lines and external gates to be chucked in

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

Bar and plate 'cooler sitting somwhere behind the front bar. Stealth, just how I like it

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

Here you can see the cold side intercooler piping that leads to the throttle body going through the gutted airbox

IMG_4206.jpg

And this is how she looks under the bonnet. Still need to get the radiator cover panel and change the blue silicone to black.
IMG_4207.jpg