Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault codes

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Hi,
I've had the computer in my 2009 ve sv6 scanned and unfortunately the young fella at super cheap couldn't explain the fault codes that came up , if someone could explain it to me in simple terms it would be great,
The first was ( 01-ECM FAULT /1 ) , ( 05-BCM FAULT/1 ) , ( 07-SDM FAULT/7 ), ( 09-HVAC FAULT/1 ), ( AUDIO SYSTEM FAULT 2 ) , THE AUDIO SYSTEM is working fine,
Under the description it says that DTC-CAN-BUS No communication with HVAC Control module,
With the SDM there's ( B0015-OD , B0014-OD, B0079-05, B0021-OD, B0022-OD, U0140-00, U0155-00 ) Next to all these codes it says ( Not present )
It would be very much appreciated if anyone could explain this to me,
Thankyou,

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Hi,
I've had the computer in my 2009 ve sv6 scanned and unfortunately the young fella at super cheap couldn't explain the fault codes that came up , if someone could explain it to me in simple terms it would be great,
The first was ( 01-ECM FAULT /1 ) , ( 05-BCM FAULT/1 ) , ( 07-SDM FAULT/7 ), ( 09-HVAC FAULT/1 ), ( AUDIO SYSTEM FAULT 2 ) , THE AUDIO SYSTEM is working fine,
Under the description it says that DTC-CAN-BUS No communication with HVAC Control module,
With the SDM there's ( B0015-OD , B0014-OD, B0079-05, B0021-OD, B0022-OD, U0140-00, U0155-00 ) Next to all these codes it says ( Not present )
It would be very much appreciated if anyone could explain this to me,
Thankyou,

Did they clear the code? Its better to clear the code, and wait until it pops back up again and then get it scanned. Also the codes you posted are a little confusing which makes me wonder if super cheap are just using their cheapo scan tool. Might be better to get the scan done from a mechanic next time they come in. Cheap Scan Tools can show all sorts of no communication errors, mainly because of the tool and not the unit itself.

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Did they clear the code? Its better to clear the code, and wait until it pops back up again and then get it scanned. Also the codes you posted are a little confusing which makes me wonder if super cheap are just using their cheapo scan tool. Might be better to get the scan done from a mechanic next time they come in. Cheap Scan Tools can show all sorts of no communication errors, mainly because of the tool and not the unit itself.
Hi mate, thanks for your reply,
Firstly, the young fella who scanned the car seemed to have no idea what he was doing which was worrying to start with, and I did get him to clear the codes at the end, the check engine light has came on again but the car is running fine so I just disconnected the negative terminal for 10 minutes which seemed to turn it off, I've tried looking up the fault codes on the internet but unfortunately I can't make any sense of it and I'm very weary of the mechanics around this area because IV been taken for a lot of money in the past with another car I owned , one of the codes said audio fault but everything works fine, another was aircon system but that seems fine too, I finally figured that out, it's different from the Calais I had , but I will take your advice and get it rescanned, but as I said I'm wary around here,
Thankyou

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
They (DTC’s) have possibly been an issue previously, and the fault has been rectified, or reset not to display,
Eg: Disconnecting the battery for 10min,
The faults are still recorded, but placed in History.

If the MIL is on, it will display,
Present or Active in the scan menu,

If the MIL is still off and DTC’s have not been deleted,
they will be displayed as
Not present, Not active or History.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
On most cars I have scanned,
There is a fair few non displaying faults I have seen, that does not effect the running or operation of the car,

Most have been a -
Audio fault,
Seat memory fault,
Antenna Position Memory,
Slip ring fault,
Start without code, (similar to slip ring)
ect, ect

These don’t activate the MIL, and just remain in the background and/or history.

Last edited:

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
In simple terms,

If the MIL is on,
that’s when there is a fault issue that needs to be addressed.

If the MIL is off,
enjoy the drive.

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Thanks mate.
It's well above my head, I have absolutely no idea about any of this stuff, the car is running fine but I was worried that the caryard I brought it from hid the problems by clearing the codes and now everything is coming back, it tapped my out just buying the car and the last thing I need is for something to go wrong,
Thanks for all your help

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Thanks mate.
It's well above my head, I have absolutely no idea about any of this stuff, the car is running fine but I was worried that the caryard I brought it from hid the problems by clearing the codes and now everything is coming back, it tapped my out just buying the car and the last thing I need is for something to go wrong,
Thanks for all your help
One more thing if possible, what's a MIL , sorry, I'm as thick as a brick

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
MIL = Malfunction Indication Lamp [Engine Lamp] [Engine Light]

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Thanks mate.
Thanks for all your help
To be honest, you kind of need someone that can understand what the scan tool is telling them. As above, it could just be a history code, or stored code. Which isnt the actual reason its bringing in the current code's which is triggering the mil / check engine light now.