Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Sway Bars

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Is it worth getting pair of front and rear FE2 sway bars and fitting them to my S1 Berlina? Going to be lowering it soon. Will the FE2 sway bars make any worthwhile difference to handling?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They are slightly bigger in diameter, 22mm as opposed to 19mm so I reckon they would help reduce body roll. Only really noticeable if you drive hard.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Will you get $220 worth of improved handling? IMO probably not. New shocks and struts will improve the ride more for about the same price.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Well, planning on getting new struts and shocks when I lower it :). Just wondering if I should go for the sway bars. I have to do a lot of range driving (lots of twists/turns) between Cairns and Atherton so any handling increase is good news.

What else can help to improve handling?

donald

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
i just put fe2 struts and rear shocks in my vx series 2 handles nice now and the ride is good

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Replace all the bushes with nolathane. I wouldn't bother with the sway bars, they do the job, if you had pissy little ones like a Kia or something then sure but $220 for the sake of 3mm.....

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
get a 30 mm whiteline sway bar thats around the same price and definitly worth it also you should do a link conversion as for springs id go a set of kings low allround and shocks well that depends on the cashflow

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's all $$ versus handling. Not many people can tell the difference between a $500 suspension package and a $2000 package. Any known brand gas shock thats not too over priced, something like Monroe or Gabriel, King springs seems to be the popular choice for people on here, followed by Pedders. Approximately $90-$100 a pair for springs and about $200-$250 for shocks and struts would be a fair price to pay. The thing to remember is that it's not a race car and you still need some level of comfort.