Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finding a car from the past.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve seen some cool videos about people finding their old cars. We all have that car we wished we never sold (in hind sight).

It would be good to have a thread for it because they are cool stories when someone does actually find their old car.

There was that Falcon found in a back shed that was lifted out by crane via the neighbours back yard. They found the original owner who came to watch. I think Shannon’s were involved with that.

Today I read this story. Old boy here has done an amazing job, and in his 90’s (the average age of most of the people complaining on this forum) he has come through with the goods.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-67135999

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
we have bought back a couple of our old cars. I like they have stories attached.

I had a VK Wagon for a short period, served me well, sold it to a friend for about what I paid for it. A little while later I was separated, and 'friend' ended up being the other woman with my ex-husband :D
Friend was moving interstate, and my new boyfriend purchased my wagon from her for less than half of what I sold it to her for. He used it for 6months and then sold it on for 4 or 5 times what he paid. It was a good wagon!

VS ute, I saved it from being a donor to another project and then sold it when I bought a Maloo. Flash forward a couple years and we were checking out a tow truck at a shed, and in the back of the shed was my old VS ute. It had been partially parted and we negotiated buying that back instead of the truck :D along the way back to us it picked up a HSV steering wheel & sports bar, but lost a bunch of the interior and other stuff.
Recently sold it again since we now have the Ranger, but it's with a mate so I still get to see it around. And I am still fb friends with the guy I bought it from 9yrs ago :D

VS acclaim. Bought it as a non runner from a mate, repaired it and flipped it. Got a random inbox recently asking would we like it to buy a defected car to part it? - turned up and it was the acclaim :D It had been through a number of people before coming back to us.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
............................. (the average age of most of the people complaining on this forum).............................
Agism ! Shame on you. I don't complain ............ I point out the bleeding obvious that others can't see. ;)

I doubt if any of my old cars still exist.

A RAAFie in Wagga bought my Mk2 Zephyr while I was negotiating the purchase of my HK. It was a well known car on the Base, and he wasn't the least bit fazed when I told the problems and why I was getting rid of it.
The HK ended up full of tin-ants, and when I saw it about a year after, it looked like it had been attacked by tin-rabbits.
My Nissan 240E Skyline looked smick, but was getting old. Saw it getting around Newcastle a few times later. Looked like it had done a few rounds inside a cement truck barrel.
I know my HJ wagon's front panels, interior and mechanicals gave life to a HQ Tonner and a HJ sedan.

As for the HQ Monaro, I hope it is somewhere looking like a million $$$. :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
1958 ! ........ I was saving my pocket money to buy a 3 speed Malvern Star, which I think had a ride-away price of £15/0/0.

lol...I wasn't even a glint in my father's eye.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So I sold my first car back in 2017 to a guy who only lives around 10 minutes away who isn't a car person. I still see it every month or so just driving around because its local and it still looks fairly reasonable. Even see it up close every now and then when he comes into work too. Its nothing special but sentimental to me, I'd love to buy it back if I ever got the chance, not that I need another car though.

When I still had it and before I took a lot of the nicer bits off it.
7tMUBKj.jpg

When it came into work in 2021
zLnrSUi.jpg