Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First concert - what band?

tomslick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
The police 1980 at sydney showground no2 now part of the Sydney football stadium. Summertime and full of good sorts. Probably a few of them are cougars now. :)

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
first concert: nickelback (lol) few years back

best concert: either parkway drive at the amp, or slipknot and machinehead both orsum shows

parkway has got to be one of my fav live as well seen them a few time but the boys of sommer tour with evergreen terrace and carpathian at the cambridge in newcastle was great with saying that carpathian was best on the night the best live set i've ever seen them do

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
First concert: Guns n roses at calder park. Was friggin hot then a dust storm and to top it off it then pissed down rain, all before they come on stage! Was great tho', supported by skid row and rose tattoo.

Best: That's a tough one, cold chiesel were awesome at bathurst, as were the chili peppers and robbie williams at etihad but i'll go with pearl jam at the tennis centre, no bullshit, just awesome music.

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
First Concert was "Live" on their mid 1990's tour, for secret samadhi album if I remember correctly

Best concert - There has been a few. There isn't one that stands out as THE best but some honourable mentions are Lamb of God / Devildriver a few months back, Nightwish, Disturbed and local Sydney lads Lord and Daysend (which are playing together on tomorrow night at the Gaelic club in Sydney if anyone is interested)

LORD are great, been a fan since the Dungeon days! Tell Andy he is a woman for me haha. I knew him before he moved to Sydney to join the band and my band played at his going away party :beer chug:

My first concert was 'live' as well. I think it was the album 5 or something. Wasn't too bad I was only 14 or 15 at the time I think.

Apart from that I've seen pretty much every metal/hard rock band thats been here since save for a few.

The best was easily Maiden in Brisbane, followed by Sebastian Bach opening for GnR. (with Rose Tattoo as well!). Worst was Dream Theater the first time they came. James LaBrie is a terrible singer live.

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
First I can remember would be The Angels at the Power House. Awesome show even though Doc was in a wheel chair with a broken leg. Support act was Johnny Diesel. Not sure what year that was though
Worst would have to without a doubt be the Lime Spiders. They were so bad that 95% of the crowd left after about 20 minutes of them starting to play

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
LORD are great, been a fan since the Dungeon days! Tell Andy he is a woman for me haha. I knew him before he moved to Sydney to join the band and my band played at his going away party :beer chug:

My first concert was 'live' as well. I think it was the album 5 or something. Wasn't too bad I was only 14 or 15 at the time I think.

Apart from that I've seen pretty much every metal/hard rock band thats been here since save for a few.

The best was easily Maiden in Brisbane, followed by Sebastian Bach opening for GnR. (with Rose Tattoo as well!). Worst was Dream Theater the first time they came. James LaBrie is a terrible singer live.

Andy is a woman but I will let him know when I see him tonight! (They've got a fill in guitarist now because LT's having a few wrist issues! What is your bands name so I can pass the message on to Andy?

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
the worst i seen was the choirboys at the crossroads hotel and thay where **** the ac/dc cover band that was on before them blow them a away

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
first concert was when i was in year 10 at high school around 1972....long time ago !!!
Black Sabbath !
early 70,s were excellent for concerts

apart from the paid concerts there was always something put on by radio station 2SM at moore park or around the city

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Metallica back in 98 on my 8th b'day :beer chug:

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Andy is a woman but I will let him know when I see him tonight! (They've got a fill in guitarist now because LT's having a few wrist issues! What is your bands name so I can pass the message on to Andy?

I'm James from the band Metallurgy. :) I heard about Tim having wrist problems but apparently thats been coming for a long time :-( It would be interesting to see him just singing...be a lot like Dio I reckon haha...hopefully they come to Brisbane again soon, I want to support them again haha