Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First time clubbing - WA

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, I haven't been there in ages either but today is just perfect for a few pints on the front balcony...drooool

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
today is just perfect for a few pints on the front balcony...drooool

agreed. I just had the biggest sumo salad though and I'm full so can't be assed going anywhere now.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Went to a mates last night, Was only 5 of us there drinking in the garage.
We wernt drinking to get pissed, But got a little drunk.
Had some music on and playing darts till 5am.
Stood on the driveway and watched the sun come up.
Had a cup of tea and went to sleep for a few hours.
Got up and watched bathurst.

Hate to say it but my clubbing days are over.
Just cant be bothered dealing with drunk wankers wanting to start fights, Bouncers that think they are god almighty, And drunk chicks thinking they are super models.
And saving the cash is an extra bonus.

seza88

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VZ MY06
Depends where you go and who you go with, I never went to a club til I was 21 (now 24) and in those past few years have only been out about 5 times. A social group of us from my work (including my boss haha but hes fully awesome) go out once to twice a year and thats the only times I go out clubbing. We usually just meet up somewhere have a few drinks and if we want then go to another place and settle for the night.

We usually make refuge in the Mustang bar which is a fun little place and close to timezone which we always end up going to haha kids at heart. Besides that theres only a handful of places we go to and we usually either carpool with a deso or share a taxi in.out, I guess cos everyones older we dont usually have too much drama (Im the youngest, next is my superviser aged 28 and the rest are in their 40's) and we are just there to enjoy ourselves without drinking to where youre drunk. There are a couple of places (names slipped my mind atm will edit post when I remember) which are good to go to and stay at for the whole night.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
just remember beer goggles... if the chick your looking at is an 8 bordering on a 9 she's more than likely a 3 going on a 4

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
as for the advice kid, doesn't matter how hot she is, she's a different person sober, in your just became a man information kit please refer to your 'Crazy Hot' scale sheet and obey as such.

If she's that hot, and you just picked her up, you must assume she is X crazy on the scale.

ill have to keep this in mind for the future.

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
ive been clubbing since i was legally allowed to and never been in any form of conflict that i didnt perpetuate. the majority of melbourne clubs are smooth and easy going, people are friendly to you if you are friendly to them. take a bunch of attitude and youll get into mischief. but that goes worldwide too. ive been to parties all over the globe and NEVER been "king hit/robbed/whatever"

apologies go a long way if you "step on someones toes" if a dude gets narky at you, be the bigger man and offer him a drink. 90% of the time he will turn out to be a top bloke, just having a **** night.

but yeah, stay away from groups of drunk blokes. just use common sense.

^This.

Although I live out bush now, I was a melbs boy for many years and what ari says is exactly right. Don't act like a twat, don't try to stare everyone down, don't try to pick up a bloke's missus, keep your wits about you and you'll be fine.

I actually felt safer on the streets of melbs than I do out here in whoop whoop LOL

Bubble>Revolver ( :rofl2: )

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
The first club I went to (1998) was Splashes, at the Wollongong Novotel. It was the place a guy was shot in the head a few years ago. The last club I went to (until 2 weeks ago) was in 2007.

From 1998 - 2001 it rotated between Splashes and the Illawarra Hotel. Goddamn those places were seedy. Unibar used to be ok. One mate tried to get me to go to Mimmo's (blue note) but I flatly refused.

2003 - 2007 it rotated between Rusty's, Glasshouse, Abbeys and later Cooney's.

Never got into any trouble, even when pissed out of my mind. A mate managed to get the snot beat out of him and arm broken because a group of blokes threw a bottle at him and he retaliated.

Overall, hugely overrated. I went because mates loved it, but I prefer a pub.

I went along to farewell drinks at my wife's work two weeks ago and it was getting on in the night and someone suggested going to Fridays down on Eagle St Pier. Goddamn that was depressing. Wife loved it (she used to go clubbing 3-4 nights a week during her uni days). I had last been in a club 5 years ago and I felt old, but then again at least early 30's isn't as bad as some of the dirty blokes in their late 40's who wander around clubs.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
last time i went to the illawarra there was some 50 year old bloke rocking it out... was extremely creepy though