Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting factory TPMS (tryre pressure monitors) to a VE - can it be done?

KaraThrace

Reaction score
Website
www.scartissue.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline Sportswagon
Very interesting thread. I have VE SSV Redline and would like to do the same. MY12 and looking through the menu in engineering mode TPMS is there. I figure all I need to do is have sensors installed and configure them to my car using the method on page 2. Am I on the right track?

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
No needs to be enabled in dash cluster. Then have the RFA programmed. Then sensors fitted and learnt in

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I have got this and there is no mucking around. works like a charm, just need a mobile phone mount. Also works on my iPad Air 2. Can view it with the ignition off and from inside my house... (Can monitor up to 20 cars as well if you have multiple vehicles)

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/fobo-tyre-pressure-monitoring.256212

It got the highest rating on Choice review of 91%

• Very clear display.
• 24/7 monitoring.
• Monitoring up to 20 cars.
• Theft deterrent - if stolen, sensors and in-car unit cannot be reused as they're locked to a specific owner's Fobo cloud account.
Share information to family and friends (up to 100 smartphones) from your system. Fobo Tyre will work even without a smartphone, in case your smartphone is not with you. The in-car unit has different alert tones for different tyre problems.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
So what's the go here, is someone offering a service to setup TPMS? Or is it only going to live in the vehicles of those who have expensive computers?

miljw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V
Hi All,

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I’d try.

I asked City Holden (Adelaide) about programming the RFA and cluster and said they don’t have the software and it can’t be done. I did point them to this thread, but it didn’t appear to help them.

I have a VE Series II Calais V (MY12), and checked the website in this thread with my VIN, and it says it should be an option.

Did anyone have any luck with any Holden dealers in Adelaide (of the ones left)?

miljw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V
Hi All,

I know it’s an old thread, but thought I’d report back. Managed to get it working today. Peter Page Holden was kind enough to do it. Yes, involved enabling TPM in the RFA, and enabling the TPM in the instrument cluster.

I used some genuine sensors I got off eBay. So, once I found a helpful Holden dealer it was fairly painless.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Mybe more information please.
Buy tyre sensors and install.
Holden does the rest.