Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting VY SS Front Bar + Skirts ...

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
:unsure:Hi guys, i purchased a VY SS front bar from the wreckers the other day although im missing the grille haha but its on its way through ebay, i was just wondering, if anybody could link me to a thread/site with a detailed How To on removing the standard bar + skirts and fitting the new ones, both the bar and skirts dont need to be painted or anything theyre the same colour and in gr8 condition, if anybody knows how to remove the bar + skirts please let me know how below,

hmm just by looking at the new bar it looks like a few screws and and a few clips :unsure:

Silver surfer

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Executive
yer thats pretty much it undo the screws under the bonnet aroung the grill area and the screws in the wheel arch and then it should be off if i remember correctly and the new bar goes on the same way,

justremember that the ss grill is smaller so the new screws will go in different places,

guys if i left something out just add it in
hope it helps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Silver Surfer is pretty much on the money with the front bumper.

With the SS grill you will need, I have seen them on EBay selling for the same price as what you can buy them from Holden for, (Funny that) so grab a new one, just as easy.

There are two or three Ph head screws in each fornt wheel arch. Take them right out.
(easy to do with the front of the car on the jack and the front wheels off or just use a stubby screwdriver to get in there or even turn the wheels so there out of the way.

Next remove the screws at the front of the bonnet holding the top of the grill on.
Then the Exec grill is either clipped to the bumper or screwed on either way remove it.

I think under or around the number plate area are some scrivits remove those little buggers as well and try not to stuff them as you can use them again and there bloody expensive new.

Once all that is done go to the left hand wheel arch and place you left hand around the end of the bumper towards the top and the right hand gently against the bumper to give it support.
Now pull the bumper with your left hand and there are a series of lge white clips across the top, they should all pop off and the right hand like I said is just supporting this move.

Do the other side and the bumper should just fall off.
Then repeat in reverse to fit the SS bumper but the grill goes on slighty differently, no biggy tho.

The side skirts, now let me think.
Two or three Ph head screws at the end of each skirt in the wheel arches, take them all out.
Open the doors and remove the lge rubber seal and under that you will see oh say 10 or so scrivits (bloody things)
Gentley remove all of them apart from the two end ones as I left them till last then popped them off last.
The skirt should pretty much fall off if I remember correctly.....

Oh and with the skirt there is a end cap as you will see, it goes on last, I'm pretty sure.

It was a while since I did mine.

If I have missed any thing out then please feel free to add it in.

In the pics I have added it should go from this to that....

Windsurfing.....

Attachments

• Holden Old sml pic.jpg
    Holden Old sml pic.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,535
  • 069 sml pic.jpg
    069 sml pic.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 10,205
  • 006 sml pic.jpg
    006 sml pic.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 5,667

madgamer2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive 2003
nice work that wagon looks a treat... i just got my clubby kit after 3 weeks and ill be putting it on soon, thanks for the hints

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
thanks for that guys ... thing is ive changed my mind lol,
im goen after the clubby skirts - alot more chunkier :D
so yeah i got rid of the SS ones lol sold em for the same price as i bought em
but yeah ill keep u guys posted on what its gona look like when it gets done

- Wind Surfer thanks mate, ur a legend! always in full detail with pictures!

Last edited:

Silver surfer

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Executive
argh you already sold them!!!!! I am still chasin a set I got the front and rear on but need the skirts and don't feel like paying the 200 for new ones when i paid less then that for the fron and rear.

arrrrrrrrr.

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
ahahah im kicking my self in the mouth!!! :bang: lmaoo i should NOT have gotten rid of those skirts, after a little browsing of the internet, i came across this VY on carsales .... lol i drive a 6, id like to drive an 8 but havnt got the finance nor the pocket deep enough to pay for petrol, insurance etc. lolll so ive decided to mock up my acclaim into an ss ... and look how beautiful it looks... (note to self; must buy Senator Signatures + SS Headlights)

Is it just me or does the Martini colour give the VY's such a Classy edge!?!?!

I know alot of people say "You shouldn't mock up blah blah blah :mad: but to them i say .. f*** that! why not lol it looks great! my car, my cash, my good feeling when people look at my car :)

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
nice, hope the pics have motivated you to mock it up a little :p