Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flash or not to flash that is the question?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i don't do it.

i figure why should i risk a fine for flashing just to save somebody i don't know from getting a speeding fine

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You can see a car with a fixed speed camera attacked to it a MILE away. They seem to like Toyota Camry's and BA / BF Ford Wagons. I reckon if they wanna catch people more, start using old cars like Datsuns, old Commodores and Falcons etc.

If you saw a Datsun Sunny sitting on the side of the road, would you suspect a camera is stuck to the front? No way. Whenever you see a newish Toyota hatch back or Ford / Holden wagon or sedan on the side of the road, you slow down.

And no, i don't flash people. For several reasons: I cant be ****ed flashing every **** who drives past, second, why give someone who is speeding a warning, they deserve a fine and if a copper see's me I'LL get a fine. **** that.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I do it to other drivers because I appreciate it when people do it for me.

Majority of the time there are cameras Is during peak hour when no one can really do 30-40+kms over the limit so its not as if your warning reckless drivers.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Depends on my mood, and the cars coming the other way, and the camera.
If the camera is in a dog spot, like over taking lanes (or only passing oppurtunity for ages) or the bottom of the hill, Ill make sure every one knows its there.
Then it just comes down to the car the other way and my mood.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
i only flash truck drivers, i drive them myself, and i know that many get paid by the load- not the hour, or under a tight shift. so some speed to keep the quota up- its not their fault. So flash them to give them a heads up. P platers etc... sorry, expect a flash from someone else- if u speed and u get caught, dont complain :p
So if a truckie gets fined for speeding it isn't their fault because they are under pressure, really?:rofl2:

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
i only flash truck drivers, i drive them myself, and i know that many get paid by the load- not the hour, or under a tight shift. so some speed to keep the quota up- its not their fault. So flash them to give them a heads up. P platers etc... sorry, expect a flash from someone else- if u speed and u get caught, dont complain :p

i do feel sorry for the drivers who are on unrealistic schedule, if im trying to overtake but a little behind the truck i will give a little flash for him/her to go in front, i think its nice when you get the left/right blinker in acknowledgement (not that it happens often). also if im on a single lane road/highway wanting to turn right and i have a truck behind (not up to close) i will pull over to the left so they can stay on the bitumen. i just dont like it when they push you to go faster and you can only see half of the grill in your rear view.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
After living in the country for awhile you soon learn that not every time your flashed is to warn of a speed camera could be stock wandering the road or another road hazard ahead . you never know whats around the corner

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
usually i will it depends on my mood..... unless the other car is well and truly way over the speed limit then i just let them fly by as i laugh my guts out cause i know they'll get what they deserve

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
I always flash unless I dont like their car/bike...dont flash korean cars, ricers and harly riders

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
I'm a flasher, I mean we are all guilty at one stage of speeding as long as it not stupid, might have been a laps in your concentration because you were watching out for another stupid driver and might not have noticed your speed.