Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VH SLE

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
I'm very jealous Greenfoam. it's exactly what i'm looking for. I even have the 304 and box sitting at home waiting

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Good start to a project, I've always been more keen on the burgundy over silver with burgundy interior but yours looks clean as. Same question why the 253? just because you have it already?
You'll get compliment after compliment every time someone sits in it of how much more comfortable they are compared to the newer cars.
Nice car, dont stray too far from the original look, not for value, just for the sake that the original look with a few liitle mods like lowering IMO is already on the money.

I can see why the electric motor but in a VH SL/E? The V8 rumble is part of the history of that car, not a big fan, maybe in the VP!!

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I have a feeling that this particular 253 will be a *very* impressive unit. :) - doing things few/no 253's have done before.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
I have a feeling that this particular 253 will be a *very* impressive unit. :) - doing things few/no 253's have done before.

Sounds interesting! I'd still start with a 308.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well I'd very much like an electric motor, but the cost is just too much right now. So for now It's getting the 253 from my old rusted HQ. It's a whole long story but I'm just going to use all the exsisting parts I have laying around and left overs from my VP, throw them at the VH and see what happens :). I'm collecting parts all the time, I got my VN oil pickup from Holden today to go with the VN sump I got from VQ Rat the other day so I have everything apart from some engine mounts to get the engine in the car. I got outbid on a radiator yesterday so I thought stuff this I'll just move the hose mounts on the 6 cyl one for now, I might actually have a car that warms up for a change :p. I'm going to but an engine crane sometime in the next few days but how and where I change the engines still needs some thought (depends on if I can move the HQ or not) but the 253 will be good, it wont be stock.

ShiftySLE I dislike the red/silver SLE's. Green/Silver ones are my favorite and then the light blue/Silver but dark blue/silver is my 3rd favorite! (pretty close call for second too) so that's not too bad :). It allready has FE2 springs and that's as low as it's going to get and wont be changed on the outside or inside apart from this on the boot, lol (true story, I alleady have it)

dc4llw.jpg

Last edited:

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
I never liked the green over silver, I even had a few offered to me and let them go, now that you don't see any getting around, I actually like when I do see one as they are probably the rarest of them all. Most people like the Burgundy or blue interiors but after seeing one in green, I was very impressed. Then again, I wouldn't knock back any VH SL/E these days. Keep up the progress reports.:thumbsup: