Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP -2009 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ok guys, finally got everything done I wanted to do, it's on the way back together now

2hs0j05.jpg

Last edited:

geckster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rough V8 Wagon...
you're still running the front swaybar. There's weight in that....

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yes and it's the biggest bar the factory made too :p. But I also almost died once when the nut came off one side of the swaybar. Having no swabar would be a deathwish, seriously :). I only remove useless things from the car, rubber/tar/aircon everything else is still there

Teletran1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
Nice work Jase!! I think you may frequent this forum a little more than the other..??
Thought I would pop over and see how you were getting on mate, been very busy I see...........
(yep im still alive..)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Teletran1, I've seen you spying around here a bit late at night :), I was going to send you a message with some manifold plans if you were keen to do some welding. I got a new bit to rebuild the torch on my plasma today so I can crank the amps enough for alloy and continue cutting the guts out of my second chopped manifold. I gave up on the other one since I thought this new one was a better idea. It's harder to cut out tho because I've left the top on the manifold, so no grinder this time. I go to both forums, but don't like to post the same stuff on both :). I should probably be ordering some kinda of alloy grinding disk so I can cut some mass out of the stock manifold while it's off

Teletran1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
Yea mate, I've throw up my msn, you can email me if you want, I know your PM box gets a little flooded.. I havnt gone any further with my manifold yet, still need to fold up the top plenum, but wanted to do something about reducing the lower plenum volume around the base of the plenum/runners first... Mite be a good job for around Christmas if we get super quiet at work....

And get yourself a cheap sabre saw for hacking through your manifold bud, plasma on cast alloy, molten splatter-zone!!! lol.
Another tip for those playing with such, get a small slot drill (around 3/16") to run in your dremel for gouging away excess meat, will storm through cast alloy a lot quicker than a Burr ever will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.