Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP

P

Pav

So, whats the rundown of the specs on this car as of now? For ppl who don't wanna look through the entire thread, cheers.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Specs are as of next friday

VP executive IRS, 304 auto
Corvete servo, removal of body deadner - 30kgs
Pacemaker headers, 2x 2.25 exhuast with merge chamber
Front mount CAI, smoothed stock throttle body
Custom tune

And about 80 passes down the drag strip to get used to making it go fast as possible

That's all

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
Haha jason na i wont be there as i still am waiting on parts and my bucks party is on the Saturday after the drags but good luck on Friday man

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
ahhhhhhhhhh the Mig ran out of gas and everything went to crap :p. Not sure if I can justify a refill tomorrow or not

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mack, man:) My merge chamber is so mint at least one the inside where it counts :p I was going to get heaps done today everything was going good until the gas run out. The I needed to water my fruit trees so I left the zoorst. Tomorrow I wont have any gas still so I'll just cut everything out that I need and make the cuts for the bends and try have everything ready for Tuesday

stockyvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive 5.0L IRS ABS
Have you fitted thermo's to it yet? I had a VS V6 fan on my car last winter and I reckon it made quite a difference to how quickly the engine could spin up. But it couldn't cut the mustard as the weather warmed up so I took it off but I'll look into EF/EL fans and see if they're a neat fit. I won't bother with AU's, too much stuffing around.

It might be worth looking into using that expanding foam like you brought up ages ago for the inlet manifold. I notice whenever I floor my car just as it reaches operating temp it definitely goes harder than later on once the whole motor is hot. And the fan has definitely not cut in because I have a 180 thermostat and the clutch fan starts to work around 195 and the motor sits on 180 on a 23 degree day whilst driving around.

Good luck!

PS check this out: Dyno testing on fans, alternators and oil.....all here!

Last edited: