Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog lights for Executive

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
vy_acclaim said:
G'Day all. GM manufactures two types of foglight switches - one you will all be aware of in the headlight switch, the other, as a button within the centre console. These are fitted to export Monaro's, and are available only by special order from GM. This part wasn't even in my dealers computer system - they had to look it up. I have included a picture below - button located top right beneath power window switches. They are only available in black. Part # 92209021. Price: $14. Custom component for the masses!

Pic taken from a cop car :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Atreidae said:
Pic taken from a cop car :D

I thought :cops: cars would be manual :unsure:

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
oxleigh said:
I have fitted fog lights that shine at 30deg angle out each side, much better than straight ahead, and never used illeagally, there will soon be fog lights conversion that come on either side when the blinkers come on and go off after turning.
Toyota Soarers have this "turning light" feature as standard on all models, and having owned 2 over the past few years, I can honestly say that it's one "gimmick" that's well worthwhile. I really miss having it on the Commodore.

I have compared the front bumper of my SV8 against a VY Calais and as far as I can see, there is no difference except for the chrome trim, fog lights and lower grille infill. If possible, I'd like to get the Calais upper & lower grilles with fog lights to dress up the SV8 a little. Does anyone know if they actually share the same basic bumper, or are there actual physical differences?

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I seem to remember reading that the headlight teardrop on the calais and berlina is different to that of the other models and therefore the front bars cannot be interchanged.

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
I've looked at a bunch of photos to confirm that the front bars on the Berlina and Calais are missing the "teardrop" light and therefore don't have the recess in the bumper either. So they're not a straight swap, as you said. However, it seems to me that both top & bottom grilles appear to be the same size as the Exec/SV grilles. (Photos attached to illustrate)

The Calais top grille has a chrome surround and a stick-on chrome strip on the front edge of the bonnet, but it looks to be precisely the same size as the plainer black grille on my SV8. Perhaps I can somehow get hold of the chrome strips?

Similarly, the lower grille on the Calais is a continuous black plastic trim with mounts for the fog lights. The Executive has 2 small "brake duct" openings at the ends, and an untrimmed opening in the centre. I'm wondering if the Calais front bar actually has the same openings as the Exec bar, but the trim strip covers them up...anyone know?

Sorry for the all the questions...I just want to jazz up the front of the SV8 for a slightly less "taxi" look.

Attachments

• calais.JPG
    calais.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 617
  • exec.JPG
    exec.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

oxleigh

ox
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy11 exec LPG
Cobra30 said:
I've just installed after market fog lights on my VY Crewman with the Exec bumper. There was no existing wiring in the vehicle.

Here's the details
http://users.tpg.com.au/cobra30/VYCrewman.htm
Gday Cobra30, I have a VY exec and I have fitted fog/turn lights to the front bumper, I used a couple of ordinary down lights which are 50W qh lamps with the covered glass front, they fit flat into the plastic fill panels and point out to each side about 30deg, when the blinker is on for either side the side that is flashing has the light come on and stay on until the flashing stops. I can turn both on for fog lights that shine out each side, I find in fog these are better than straight ahead as they light up just ahead and to the side enough to see the kerbs and white posts etc. the circuit was a bit tricky and uses 6 relays, diodes and capacitors. the lights only come on if the car lights are on and go off whenever the lights go off, the same as the standard system as controlled by the computer. the circuit diagram is a bit messy but I will tidy it up and post it when I get a chance. I wil see if I can work out how to put photos on the forum and show you.
Kind regards
Ian

Attachments

• turnlight 1.jpg
    turnlight 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 398
  • turn light 2.jpg
    turn light 2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 984
  • turn fog lights.jpg
    turn fog lights.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 828

vyv8sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vysv8
do u know if the vy sv8 all ready have the wireing kit there ive been told yes and i have been told no know

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
yes they do mate, well mine did anyways, bought an SS switch, fog lamp relay and away it went....

da89mo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore S pac
hey guys. can someone tell me if the VY S already have the fog light wiring existing. sorry dont know if this has already been covered
thanks!