Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog lights

stevenroar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega / Look-a-like SSV
Hey guys,
If the bumper shown in the attached pic isn't originally off this car, an the original (omega) doesn't have fog lights will I need to fully wire them in or does the ve have standard connections there?

Also, if anyone has some spares they wanna sell let me know i want to fill the holes!

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327565221.578651.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327565221.578651.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 508

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
If the original fascia didn't have fog lights, and you change it, my guess is that there's no wiring!

I'm not sure if all you need is a wiring loom and it can be as easy as plug and play. If so you would need to purchase wiring, fog lamp, bulbs, fog grill cover. Could be pricey brand new!

Try wreckers or eBay

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
The way it was explained to me by the Holden dealer was that all Commodores have the same basic wiring harness. So leaning on that, there "should" be the harness there for fog lights. I am going to fit the rear deck speakers from the SSV... apparently the loom is already there.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Who ever told you that, doesn't know their sh!t

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE

Why would they engineer a separate harness for each model for the sake of a few wires??? That would be ludicrous.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Mate, I suggest perhaps you are wrong. Why would they engineer a separate harness for each model for the sake of a few wires??? That would be ludicrous.

If very car was to have the same wiring harness for everything, how would they make money on selling spare parts, take my SV6 ute for example, the SS has a brake light in the centre sail plane the SV6 does not. The wiring harness is not attached to a SV6.
In Stevnroar's case the wiring may not be present because that model car was not meant to have fog lights, Hunter SS was told that all Commodores same basic wiring harness, but not all models have the wiring harness installed.

Bluetooth is a great example, different model cars have the same module, but the wiring harness is completely different. e.g. 2005 Astra and 2011 cruze, same module but different wiring.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

I'd say that whoever told him the doesn't know they're **** lol

I'd highly doubt the wiring would be there. It wasn't on VZ models and I can't see why they would put it in the VE.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
you would need the foglight switch for the dash as well..... probs be easier to wire in your own anyway! and cheaper!

stevenroar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega / Look-a-like SSV
Anyone know where to look to see if I have the wiring or not? Save the debate I'll just have a look lol

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
If very car was to have the same wiring harness for everything, how would they make money on selling spare parts, take my SV6 ute for example, the SS has a brake light in the centre sail plane the SV6 does n.....................

Thanks for the info, It looks from an engineering point of view, like Holden prefer to spend more time & money trying to limit their customers' options rather than reducing the build cost...