Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those who hate Chev badges on Holdens

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
lol ^ ^
im actually a bit disappointed there are so many different style chev badges, but not many (if any) different holden badges. wouldn't mind a different looking lion badge.
Calaber, did u just pull this off the net, or have you actually got some hard copy of the catalogue?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
lol ^ ^
im actually a bit disappointed there are so many different style chev badges, but not many (if any) different holden badges. wouldn't mind a different looking lion badge.
Calaber, did u just pull this off the net, or have you actually got some hard copy of the catalogue?

Actually have the catlledog right in front of me. I picked it up from the spares dept. of my local dealer last week.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I wouldn't mind a black (matte) holden badge on a white commodore, i think that will look alright. They should def. have more styles then just the chrome one, just like chev badges have different styles with different colours.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
I dont mind the chev badge, but have decided not to get one, im just respray the grill to match the car yeww

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
A Holden dealer near me openly sells Chev badges. I'm not too sure what the markup on these things are but I'm guessing they must make a bit of money from them. I find it strange that Holden allow dealers to sell the Chev badges inside Australia. I always assumed everyone bought them from eBay ;)

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
They sell them cause heaps of people like em and they prob make a 200% mark up. Think about it, you dont buy a holden and then go buy holden badges hahaha.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
You buy a Holden badge if you manage to have a bingle and screw the ones that came on your car. Selling Chev badges in Australia is strange because the car is only sold as a Chev over in the Middle East. You would think that they would only allow Middle Eastern distributors to purchase the badges. I suppose the risk there is that the middle eastern people would put huge markups to sell them back to Aussie Holden drivers. Do Middle Eastern chev drivers buy Holden badges?

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
was never a fan of the chev badges but i stuck one on the tailgate on my ute- only to cover up the holes from the holden badge that was there.

graemevb

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
This isn't another thread to bash those who fit Chev badges to Holdens. .

So why did you label the thread " for those that hate chev badges on Holdens", it got me in ,

But you insist people only comment on what?

do you prefer the beige on white badge or the white on beige?....

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
So why did you label the thread " for those that hate chev badges on Holdens", it got me in ,

But you insist people only comment on what?

do you prefer the beige on white badge or the white on beige?....

It's so that the thread does not turn to Sh**, as it always does.

I like brighter colours my self so to me all the brighter badges look great.