Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford GT-P or VZ R8

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
holden boy threw and threw, will never own another ford, will never drive another ford, fords try to kill me, holdens dont

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Garth said:
holden boy threw and threw, will never own another ford, will never drive another ford, fords try to kill me, holdens dont

Garth, m8 i am the same, but seriously, trying driving a GT-P with brembo's defilipo exhaust and then a remap, m8, they blow the holdens out of the water. So much smoother, im just stuck in bind. Both cars are beautiful to drive, i had a GT-P for a week and holden dealer allowed me to use his own personal R8 over a weekend. Both cars have pro's and con's. Just ford seems alot more eager to get me into one of their cars than holden.

edit: i should mention seeing as a GT-P cant be delivered until march, im hoping my finances may allow me to keep myt VT for more explicit use

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Funny thing is, about 1 -2 months after the gt-p was realeased i drove past the local large scale HSV dealer here. there were 3 gt-p's around the side that had been traded in for HSV's. now think again... why are ford trying so desperately to get you to buy the gt-p :whistling

Go the R8, its a great car...and its a holden!! :thumbsup:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
minux said:
Garth, m8 i am the same, but seriously, trying driving a GT-P with brembo's defilipo exhaust and then a remap, m8, they blow the holdens out of the water.
this might be true, but treat an R8 to the same add on bits and see your result then. the LS2's have so much potential that can be unleashed with a set of pacemakers, good system to back it up and a retune. personally i would go the VZ R8....it's a no brainer :thumbsup:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Mate I would rather push my Holden then buy a Ford.
Take more then the GT-P having more power to make me buy it. Power isn't everything in a car.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
Well, in my industry, I meet people with too much money. two people who happen to be my friends now, own a GT-P and the other a brand new VZ R8. Anyway, after being taken home in both, I can seriously say I would prefer the R8. Its spacious, alot more comfortable, and its alot louder than the GT-P.

Plus you got a Boss 290Kw vs an LS2 6L 297kw. The R8 also weighs less than the GT-P.

So take the plunge and go an HSV

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
V6VX4U2NV said:
Well, in my industry, I meet people with too much money. two people who happen to be my friends now, own a GT-P and the other a brand new VZ R8. Anyway, after being taken home in both, I can seriously say I would prefer the R8. Its spacious, alot more comfortable, and its alot louder than the GT-P.

Plus you got a Boss 290Kw vs an LS2 6L 297kw. The R8 also weighs less than the GT-P.

So take the plunge and go an HSV

Yeh thats one thing i really noticed thats giving the R8 the edge. The space in the ford is horrendous

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Not wrong about having too much money. Hows that Cadbury add go?
Wouldn't be nice if everything was made off money, so I can go and buy myself a brand new clubby Oh wouldn't it be nice :whistling :p