Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford GT-P or VZ R8

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Not wrong about having too much money. Hows that Cadbury add go?
Wouldn't be nice if everything was made off money, so I can go and buy myself a brand new clubby Oh wouldn't it be nice :whistling :p

Why do people insinuate you have money if your buying a new car?
I have "some" money that was gained from the govt for basically f*cking my life, nothing i wouldnt hand back to have it normal again.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
i think its the fact that both cars are not cheap. the gtp and r8 are both $70K. Most people make that in 2 years, plus think of the insurence premiums for that.

If you really want power, then get the Clubsport DTS thats available soon

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
minux said:
I know this is a holden forum, but any help on issues with GT-P would be great

Easy answer. Do you want a grand tourer with a nice inside and good build quality - GT-P.

Do you want a track car you can drive every day - R8.

The Falcons have better suspension than the Commodores and feel more sure footed. The auto's (non six speed , ask me again next month) are slow to react to the V8 and make it feel like there's no low down torque. The thing with driving the Falcon is you come into a corner, brake, loose all steering, turn and put the boot in. Pain but fun.

The Commodore just handles as the weight is much better distributed i.e Not all on the front axle line.

If you can afford to run a turbo car and all associated expenses with one, go the Typhoon and don't look back.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
minux said:
Why do people insinuate you have money if your buying a new car?
I have "some" money that was gained from the govt for basically f*cking my life, nothing i wouldnt hand back to have it normal again.

Hey dude sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean any insult by it. Hey if someone capable of buying expensive cars, all good luck to them.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
V6VX4U2NV said:
oh another thing, whats the diff between a normal clubby and an r8?

The R8 has everything the normal clubbie ($55k plus on roads) has plus:

Leather
Centre Binnacles
Bigger brakes
Different rims
Linear steering
premium sound system
better suspension
8 way electronic adjustable seats
short shift (if man6 speed)
and a R8 Badge :)
All for $70k plus on roads...

i cant justify 15 grand for that....... can anyone else?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
minux said:
Well time is coming to buy my new car, only hting is, i cant decide what to go with. Both cars are great to drive, both look very nice. Only main concern is i dont know any one with a GT-P or GT to know if there is any known problems, wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Main reason for the switch to ford is simply how much discount i can get buying new, and also trade in price of my current car(holden wont go higher then 15k ford will give 21k) and i also get the bonus 15% family worker discount).
I know this is a holden forum, but any help on issues with GT-P would be great
go with the 6t personal opinion (8's problem with bore 6 ok that i know of)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ok, i drove the typhoon, it felt overly too large and by far not enough torque. I think they are far overrated.

Hey dude sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean any insult by it. Hey if someone capable of buying expensive cars, all good luck to them.

No offence taken bud.

Anyways, after talking with my old man, he is loaning me his GT-P for the SS for a week so i can see what it is like.

Last edited:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
If your dad has a GT-P then buy the R8, then just trade cars every now and again.