Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford reveals its series 2 BF

tsalad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR family truckster
Must say I think the falcon looks better than the VE.

Anyone with any sense will have a look at the falcon - Holden fanboi or not.

First rule in buying cars NEVER buy the first version of a new model!!!!

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
tsalad said:
Must say I think the falcon looks better than the VE.

Anyone with any sense will have a look at the falcon - Holden fanboi or not.

First rule in buying cars NEVER buy the first version of a new model!!!!

That is true in the majority of cases with the first models of each platform but there are exceptions like the VB commodore was the most solid of that platform although it did have it problems with its super sharp steering, where the VL is the last of the platform it is also the one where most corners were cut. The VR can develop nasty cracks in the rear cross member but is mechanically well refined. The Gen 3 commodores up to even the later vy's had nasty piston slap and oil burning problems in 1 out of 10 cars.

I'm sure there will be problems with the VE also it will just take time for them to surface.

Turbo fairmont ghia does sound like a good car even though I wouldn't buy a ford, I would have it if they gave me one.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
blackahcdx said:
Holden can say "This special edition car has $3000 worth of extra's" rather than if A/C was "standard" and saying "This special edition car has $1000" of extra's"

Which sounds better to you?

And it allows Holden to advertise a cheaper starting price.

If you think about it, Holden are actually very smart.

Anyway, i wonder if u can actually get an Omega without A/C and how long it would take to get one?

You cant option the A/C out!! You have to pay the option pricewhen you buy a base model. But when the BFII is released there will be a special edition Omega released with 17", spoiler and the steering wheel will be the same colour as the car.

blackahcdx said:
ask Ford how many of those they ACTUALLY sell:bang:
Sure its nice to have the option, but i bet it makes up less than 1% of Falcon sales

You would be pretty silly to buy a fully optioned XT, the SR has all that already. The XT is for fleets and gov cars. At $35,000 you can find an XR6 N/A with a higher ratio diff, F6 suspention, better interior and instrument cluster for a few grand more. Also a better resale price.

Last edited:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
You seriously cant say that the BA,BF whatever, is better than the VE. The BA couldnt even outsell the outdated VZ how will it beat the VE for the same price?. And about the fuel economy part it would not be much better than the VE when you add up everything else fuell consumption wouldnt even come into it. I liked the BA design better. the back sort of reminds me of the old AU's(throw up).

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I know the BF is meant to be a competitor of the VE, but not sure why this thread is in the VE section...... am moving it to the pub.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
They just made it even more difficult for me to tell them apart...

*dons the flame suit*

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
vztrt said:
You cant option the A/C out!! You have to pay the option pricewhen you buy a base model. But when the BFII is released there will be a special edition Omega released with 17", spoiler and the steering wheel will be the same colour as the car.

You would be pretty silly to buy a fully optioned XT, the SR has all that already. The XT is for fleets and gov cars. At $35,000 you can find an XR6 N/A with a higher ratio diff, F6 suspention, better interior and instrument cluster for a few grand more. Also a better resale price.

About the air-con, i think what your saying is in most ways exactly what blackahcdx was implying, they're are able to quote more value worth in extra's as a/c "is an extra" even though it will be standard on the models. Just a simple marketing technique.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
I agree

12Voltking said:
They just made it even more difficult for me to tell them apart...

*dons the flame suit*

Very true Mr King

Attachments

• BE or VF.JPG
    BE or VF.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 145

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Pretender said:
Very true Mr King

ouch.

to me the back looks BA easy. the front...... well im sure there'll be 3rd party kits and lights to make it drivable :p

would have to see one in the wile [ read, on the street ] before i would pass judgement. same for the ve, looks ok and im sure on a rotating platform it'd look cool too but i wouldnt mind driving around one for a bit or driving in one for a bit to see wether its worth its salt.