Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford's new Coyote V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
My last Commodore !!!

Nothing wrong with big and simple. Why does everyone want to invent the wheel? I'd much rather have 7 litres and some pushrods then 5 litres and almost as many cams. KISS.

I have a 6 litre VE , and i now avoid FG falcons near the traffic lights coz ive been walloped a couple of times by falcon XR6Ts . I was some months ago looking at trading in for an XR6T but since I did some reading about the coyote im now holding off till theyre released . Seems Ford is on a winner this time with this engine , unlike the old 5.4 litre . Last of all , why do so many guys out there who have chev badges on their commodore think they also have a big dick ??

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I have a 6 litre VE , and i now avoid FG falcons near the traffic lights coz ive been walloped a couple of times by falcon XR6Ts . I was some months ago looking at trading in for an XR6T but since I did some reading about the coyote im now holding off till theyre released . Seems Ford is on a winner this time with this engine , unlike the old 5.4 litre . Last of all , why do so many guys out there who have chev badges on their commodore think they also have a big dick ??

them xr6t's are crazy ay! thats one thing in the VE ill come up agaisnt and be crapping myself lol stock on stock doesnt the ford win?

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
to start with no one has said anything about afm you cant have it on a solid ohc to valve setup so you need hyd buckets which are a waste of time

one thing i know ford v8's are **** and that is just the truth

the xr6 is australian built that is why they go hard

ford is going v6 soon major fail

gm's 6 is euro and come truboed in the saab and will probaly beat a xr6t in 3.6

holden knows that the v8 would go harder twin or quad cam

there are 4valve heads for the ls v8s

push rods are old they work well but have to much valve train wheight but have good lift

quad cams have more flow at lower lift so have there benifits

all in all gm will better this ford boat anchor as they always do just wait

but gm needs to go ohc it has been proven that it is better im not saying quad cam just ohc

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Try owning a wrx, holden v8 owners seem to have a 6ft #### with 40000rwkw, the look on their face when they realise theitr big tank isnt as fast as they think is priceless, best of all though, is when they go past you at twice the speed limit when you have already set cruise :D
to start with no one has said anything about afm you cant have it on a solid ohc to valve setup so you need hyd buckets which are a waste of time

push rods are old they work well but have to much valve train wheight but have good lift

but gm needs to go ohc it has been proven that it is better im not saying quad cam just ohc

wtf?

The coyote v8 is a brilliant engine, as is the ford I6, have you even reead about the coyote? Small engine, high power. It is a win win.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
them xr6t's are crazy ay! thats one thing in the VE ill come up agaisnt and be crapping myself lol stock on stock doesnt the ford win?

Everytime. The xr6t are faster than the hsv's over the qtr let alone the f6

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual

YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0L vs Camaro 6.2L Drag Races. Its a pretty sweet boat anchor i think if it can walk over your beloved ls3. Btw i dont know where you got that the 3.6 would instantly beat the i6 as soon as its turbo'd either. Just a rubbish comment all round really

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It's all well and good to go sprouting off new technology, more power from smaller displacement blah blah blah. But everyone know Honda beats everything when vtec kicks in yo!

vtec.jpg

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Try owning a wrx, holden v8 owners seem to have a 6ft #### with 40000rwkw, the look on their face when they realise theitr big tank isnt as fast as they think is priceless, best of all though, is when they go past you at twice the speed limit when you have already set cruise :D

LMAO!!! Same in the XR50 Turbo... I love it. New E2 GTS got a show just a last weekend. Set the cruise to 85 or so and he flies past once he finally had some speed. Makes me chuckle every time that happens.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I like the specs on this engine, I think it's going to give HSV and GM a wakeup call. Shame it wears a Ford badge ;)
And if that was a fair race (above) ie both cars standard, then bloody hell
Good looking engine too!

FR4E6065-625x416.jpg

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It's so detuned for its initial release too. And those FACTORY headers!!! *drool*

Status
Not open for further replies.