Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford's new Coyote V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
And you win stupidest quote of the year!

second.jpg

seriously the wrx has one of the best sounding engines out there

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Not the new ones. Equal length exhaust manifold and twin scroll turbo makes them sound like a Mondeo.
As inspiring as the exterior design too i guess.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol @ the direction this thread has gone.

Soop, I agree with you 110%, there is no replacement for displacement, WITHIN reason. On a road, displacement means nothing when the speed limit is 100. No point having masses amounts of power you can't put down.

This all said, F1 proved there is replacement for displacement. The turbo 6 era was massive. the 6's produced torque in earlier ranges and the cars were just amazing.

Day to day use, I am wrapped with my subaru, regardless of what epople think of looks, sounds whatever. Top performance, bugger all fuel usage and excellent handling straight off the floor.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have never had the opportunity to drive some of the Japanese sports cars, but if I had to buy a new car I would give serious consideration to a WRX STi or an Evo. Minux is right, on the street you just cant beat these types of cars. Good power, and handling that you just can't match in a Commodore no matter how much money you throw at it.

EDIT: Just for laughs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFVNDrC_L78

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
And you win stupidest quote of the year!

Coming from you, I'm taking that as a complement. ;)

Show me ONE wrx that sounds good.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Coming from you, I'm taking that as a complement. ;)

Show me ONE wrx that sounds good.

Thats not really a fair ask as everyone has different ideas of what 'good' sounds like. I'm a Holden man through-an-through and have a thing against cannon exhausts, BUT, I can admit that some can sound pretty good.

For example, I think this sounds pretty good, and even has a good deep note (judging by the bass in the clip).
YouTube - APEXi N1 exhaust on WRX - without ATS Silencer

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
man maybe i should be buying a xr6t lol, nah i like the looks of the ve and the v8 rumble too much

Ha ha, the only thing i miss about my old v8 was the sound but its forgotten about as soon as i sink the boot in

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
it's funny how evry one is saying smaller displacement is better well if any one actually looked up the corvettes the ls1 made over 300kw in 94 holden v8's are detuned to australian standerds now have a look at the ls7 in the holden detuned again im sure a ls7 with it's oversized capacity is quite capable of over powering all engines talked of here with the right tune

Err you realise how much the i6t is held back right

and plz a 2.5 having more power than a well even a 5liter what drugs are you on

Go drive one

and as for a turbo 3.6 alloytec im sure it would be quite a match for a ford 6

You banter on about no replacement blah blah blah and your going against your own religion by saying the 3.6 will beat a 4.0

as for boat anchores it is just the truth the only way ford can get passed holden is to strap a hair dryer to the side of ther donks so if the boat anchore is really faster try a turbo ls3 mmmm i know wich one i would choose

Did you watch the video i linked? N/A coyote 5.0 (standard of course) wiping the floor with your cubic inch superior ls3

and as for push rod v8s the worlds second fastet car shelby super car ls twin turbo over 400km thrid fastest corvette twin turbo over 400km worlds fastest acclerating car topfuler in fact worlds fastest accelerating thing push rod v8 worlds fastest boats push rod v8 see the pattern

The worlds fastest car is essentially 2 quad cam v8's in the one motor.

#### ford this a holden site so go talk about your fords somwhere else

Upset?

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
lol @ the direction this thread has gone.

Soop, I agree with you 110%, there is no replacement for displacement, WITHIN reason. On a road, displacement means nothing when the speed limit is 100. No point having masses amounts of power you can't put down.

This all said, F1 proved there is replacement for displacement. The turbo 6 era was massive. the 6's produced torque in earlier ranges and the cars were just amazing.

Day to day use, I am wrapped with my subaru, regardless of what epople think of looks, sounds whatever. Top performance, bugger all fuel usage and excellent handling straight off the floor.

Get a sports bike, and you'll be even more impressed. 15 dollars almost lasts me almost two weeks, and performance don't even get me started.

As for this new engine sounds good, i look forward to seeing this in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.