Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FR19's with IRS

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I still think the 40 something offset from Tempe was a bit suss. They must have been thinking non IRS.
It's not super unreasonable - as you go wider the wheel sticks out more with the same offset, so the offset needs to go higher to have the same amount of poke - play around with some exaggerated sizes on Will They Fit, you will see how width and offset are relative to each other and that you can't have one without the other. +43 would roughly put the face of an 8.5" wide wheel in the same place as the 8". They might be playing the safer fitment given you can't roll the spats. Having said that, all the figures you're quoting are pretty conservative in fitment terms, so it shouldn't be an issue really.

If you're buying the wheels through Tempe it will be pretty obvious if there's issues if you test fit them there. Then you can just test fit something else if you want them.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The good thing is FR1's come in heaps of offsets. I have 20's but the fronts are of currently (8.5") while I do some front end work, they are 43p, so I can pull some measurements that might be useful to see how much they sit in. I tend to agree based on googling a 43p will be way too much, I read that VS hubs add 35mm which can solve the issues, that's huge. Is this thing lowered?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Should be more like 10mm per side. Its been documented.

19mm apparently. I'd say meet in the middle but you were closer

IMAG0307-1.jpg

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Given how good the FR1 looks it's totally worth a roll if it needs one IMO

Sorry but you can’t “roll” the VP Calais spats. Firstly you would have to cut n trim the bolts holding the spat on. The roll the extra steel work while trying to keep the plastic still attached. Reference OP picture if your unfamiliar with the spats

1651228161047.jpeg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
With you wanting rims, pop into a tyre shop and they will try on rims to make sure you get the correct rim and tyre package to suit your taste.

The FR's maybe available through Tempe, but it's not just Tempe that sell them...I do know Tyrepower in S.A sell them, even though we have a Tempe wholesaler in this state...I also know, Tyrepower exist in QLD....

So if you really have your heart set on the FR's, do some research through the bigger retailers in your neck of the woods to see who sell them and pop in there with your car and get them to try them on.....Will save all the guess work.... :)

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Just circling back to this. I may be overthinking it but want to try and keep this roadworthy.

If I go by what is on the tyre placard, the tyre size is 205/65/15. Some research suggests the VP Calais wheels were a 28p offset.

A 245/35/19 tyre is correctly load rated (min 92) and compared to a 205/65/15 tyre, will result in a 1.2% increase (7 mm) in rolling diameter, and a width increase of 40 mm (approx 1.2x).

So all good on the tyre front. I think its the track width that will trip me up.

A 245/35/19 with a 35p offset will fit from what I see. Compared to the original VP Calais wheels, I think it may reduce track width slightly, which is a no go.

1651535547045.png

1651535999006.png

1651536072684.png