Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front and rear A119 GPS dash cam install in a VE Calais V

adimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6
Thanks to some great information on this forum - I've fixed the crappy sound system, found my cargo net, realized I do in fact have Bluetooth and most recently have used guides on here to assist in installing front and rear dash cams.

Step 1: remove glove box,
Step 2: tie in power for the dash cams adapter into the OEM accessories loom - I took the supplied dual 12v-USB converter, removed the ciggy lighter bits and soldered on wires allowing me to tap it directly in to ACC power on the OEM extras loom located behind the glovebox.
Step 3: flip up the "SRS Airbag" covers on the A & C pillars, remove screws. Gently remove pillar trim without removing entirely.
Step 4: undo & remove passenger grab handles up near the roof
Step 5: undo & remove the passenger sun visor, the clip has a plastic tab to slide out with a sharp flat bladed screw driver (or similar)

Route the rear cameras power cable from the USB converter installed near the bluetooth module above the (removed) glovebox compartment, up inside the A pillar (I removed the trim at the lower windscreen too), tuck inside roof lining all the way to the rear and poke out near the high stop.

Route the front cameras cable up the A pillar, above the sun visor mountings and pop it out near the rear view mirror.

End results:

Front cam:
tJMQCHS.jpg

4ZaPynH.jpg

5bcPjWe.jpg

Rear cam:
aZgS4Ls.jpg

Q8idWdz.jpg

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
Good job. They're quite neat little cameras and bit more unobtrusive than mine. Do you mind detailing the model and where you sourced them? Thanks.

gregbark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SERIES 2 SV6 WAGON
I just had a THINKWARE F770 installed and it has already paid for itself. I was issued an infringement notice. On reviewing my SD card (increased to 65GB) I was able to argue the case. The quality of the recording was A1.It may be that eventually all cars will come with these fitted, similar to Satnav, Bluetooth. Rear window stop lights etc.