Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel and your VE

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
define 'effin low' - why not take a pic after you've run a FULL tank through it to show us what it really does.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Do you even own a commy?? Hope your not a **** pusher that dreams and disses everyone who actually ownes the car u wish u had!

If you had a look at his avatar and what his ride is which is a TURISMO VZ SS 6.0, it's a commodore. Just because you love your car doesn't mean everyone wants it, hell I'd swap my sv6 for a vz ss. Btw it's illegal to drive with your foggies on during normal conditions..

VEQLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SIDI
Yep cool clearly I said everyone wants my car :/ ok bud .. His ss sounds nice btw an no, no I diddnt see his avatar or what ever as I really don't care about who he is or what he drives!? We all love cars here! I was simply adding pics about what I got from my car and some people decided to talk about my lights?? Inc u!! Wtf was the point?!

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Yup all true haha! Still got it down effin low and got a round trip of 270k on 1/4 tank with off hiway driving also! :)

I've always wanted to try that to see how low it gets, now I know. But I'll still give it a go one day.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I have an OTR, Tune, Headers, High flow cats, straight through exhaust and average 12.5l/100klm at approx 50kph average speed around town, goes up quite a bit in traffic etc to 14's, before all this was done went to bathurst last year from Brisbane and return on 3 tanks of fuel, aprrox 2500klm, and 225ltr of fuel, average 9.6l/100klm,(since all the mods have seen 8.6l/100 on shorter trips 130klm and this is with a heavy foot at times)all this being said - the price of fuel has had continual increases as well, however it may mean plugs need seeing to, aircleaner, little things that can have some effect, tyre pressures, wheel alignment also, E10 has a higher RON rating but a lower calorific value so it will burn more per lt/klm, I drive mine how I want to and not too concerned about L/klm, not everyone is in the same boat, I have a V8 and if I was worried about the cost of putting fuel in it then I cant afford it!!!check the basics on the car (as above) this could help you get more out of the fuel you put in,

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
I'm too scared to look at my fuel consumption now I think I'd cry if I saw it. Used to average 12.5-13 at an average speed of 40kph

BTW turn your foglights off. I hope you get booked!

VEQLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SIDI
Yup all true haha! Still got it down effin low and got a round trip of 270k on 1/4 tank with off hiway driving also! :)

I've always wanted to try that to see how low it gets, now I know. But I'll still give it a go one day.

I had a full tank and ended up at this stage with 3/4 left! When it was on empty the fuel light came on at Australia zoo and I cruised along the motorway with the low fuel warning on constant and made it to Brisbane to fill up! They great cars if
U look after them and cruise when needed :) hope this helps