Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Economy for supercharged 6.0L

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
How is that even possible? That is better than the 6 pot commodores and a lot of small cars. What does it use around town and short trips?
Do you sit on like 70kph on the highway?
Even with the AFM going for a full tank of gas, l wouldn't think that l would get that sort of economy out of our L76.

LSA.Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais
How is that even possible? That is better than the 6 pot commodores and a lot of small cars. What does it use around town and short trips?
Do you sit on like 70kph on the highway?
I sit on an indicated 120 on the freeway.
Short trips mixed with a fair bit of spirited driving still equals around 600-650km out of a tank.
And when it is dead on empty it takes 73 litres to fill it up.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Short trips mixed with a fair bit of spirited driving still equals around 600-650km out of a tank.
600-650 l believe, big drop from the 1000s of ks/tank that you first posted.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
What you need is this,

Really, any built motor needs this as first gear becomes useless when you have a lot of torque and some gears in the ass of the car.

[/URL][/URL]
I don't know, I think that some 2.87 gears in the rear would help when hitting first gear, as well as better fuel economy in 4th, so 2 birds one stone

The difference that swapping out the old 3.91 to 3.46 did improve traction in 1st noticeably

But, I'm no expert and will consult my transmission guy and my diff guy to see what would better suit the car

In saying this the rear gears are alot cheaper and easier to do than the carrier

My idea is to try and get the best combo for the street, not the track

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I don't know, I think that some 2.87 gears in the rear would help when hitting first gear, as well as better fuel economy in 4th, so 2 birds one stone

The difference that swapping out the old 3.91 to 3.46 did improve traction in 1st noticeably

But, I'm no expert and will consult my transmission guy and my diff guy to see what would better suit the car

In saying this the rear gears are alot cheaper and easier to do than the carrier

Maybe the original diff ratio, 3.08? Still have the original one? If so, put that in& compare?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

Both are options, but the link immortality posted will reduce your rpm drop on the 1-2 change as well (making it more like a close ratio gearbox).
Not sure if that's an issue for you, but it's a downside on most 4l60 cars.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I realise this is an old thread but I am seeing a 1,000k's out of a tank in my supercharged Calais (highway driving).
It is a stock L98 with GM 1.9L blower at 12.5psi (525rwhp and 867nm). It has a new LSD but running the stock 2.92 Calais gears.
On the highway it runs at around 5.5L per 100km!
id say when its tuned the injectors were scaled and the calc for the fuel used info wasnt corrected as well, the 5.5L is about half what actual would be so thats telling me your injectors where scaled by half which is what they do when they dont fit the flow limit in the ecu
this is showing correct 600-650 for 73 litres is about where they are, so my theory on the fuel usage calculations may be right, easy check if u can read the tune file, and seeing in your pic showing instant fuel at 3.2 for 58kph is about half what it should be