Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel economy

chum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt SeriesII Acclaim Wagon
Fuel Consumption

I get around 720 to 850klm from a tank of fuel in my 1999 Series II Acclaim Wagon.
I am not a slow driver either.
I took a trip from Cootamundra NSW to Cooma to see my son recently.
When I got past Canberra heading toward Cooma I was travelling at 120-140klm/hr following the rest of the traffic.
Total round trip was 585klm and I still had over a quarter of a tank of fuel when I arrived home.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Solid_snake01 said:
I hammer it sometimes but generally its just regular 18 year old driving. Bit of this bit of that, how many k's do most of you get out of a tank?
Cheers

Theres the problem right there :p

If its the same way i drove then its almost flat out till the speed limit from every intersection :p

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Nah its not i drive slowly sometimes and recently i got over hammering it and have slowed down alot, but still the fuel is being guzzled, there has a to be a problem because its so odd that my car uses just as much as my dads gen3.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I know my VX get at least 550kms to a tank when driven to the low light and this car is 210,000kms old now. At the moment, I average 11.6lt per 100kms which I think is damn good for foot to the floor every so often.

Perhaps you should try having the fuel injectors cleaned? I dunno if those ones they sell in bottles at the auto shop are any good.

What about the air filter? Maybe too much **** in it might cause higher consumption?

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Ive recently cleaned my throttle body, and my air filter as well. I used special injector cleaner that isnt for retail sale from my bp recently as well but none of it has seemed to make any difference. Maybe they need to be hand cleaned?

sparky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
I get atleast 550-600km untill the light comes on and i usually run it down to 0km to empty and even then it only takes about 60-65lts

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
done 395km so far, and according to the dash it says ive got 35L left in the tank (just under halfway). Do a bit of this and that style driving too, but i mostly cruise on the highway (ave about 80kph or more).

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
you fellas dont say much whether you are doing 10, 20 50 klms per day?.. aircon on or off?... auto or manual box?... what fuel, standard or preminum?...

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i have a VT v6 auto stock engine only mod is a K&N filter, i get around 500km to a full tank, is this about right? or am i using too much fuel?

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i use BP ult.98, and drive like grandma, she drives like a maniac ;), drive about 60-80 kms a day mostly freeway 75%